Greater than 50 percent of the population permit their Black Russian Terriers to live indoors and sleep on their couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of y’all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Black Russian Terrier, here are our simple rules to follow when deciding what type of house you want to build for your Black Russian Terrier.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Black Russian Terrier: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Black Russian Terrier’s potential adult size. We enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Black Russian Terrier will probably also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both people and Black Russian Terriers is about 1/3 of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Black Russian Terrier will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Black Russian Terrier. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Black Russian Terrier when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Black Russian Terrier should be able to see out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the Black Russian Terrier will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Black Russian Terrier and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Black Russian Terrier a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To discourage pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Black Russian Terrier’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Black Russian Terrier can use the warmth of its body to heat up the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your Black Russian Terrier to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Black Russian Terrier would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a Dog House for Your Black Russian Terrier: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a bit angled toward the door and build the roof a bit tilted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house plans recommend that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Black Russian Terrier’s House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Black Russian Terrier a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty out your Black Russian Terrier’s house. You should clean the Black Russian Terrier’s house as much as you give your Black Russian Terrier a bath.
Black Russian Terrier Dog House: Conclusion
If your Black Russian Terrier stays outdoors then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Black Russian Terrier will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Black Russian Terriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂