More than 50% of owners permit their Cardigan Welsh Corgis to stay inside and sleep on the couch or in the bed. For those of y’all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Cardigan Welsh Corgi, to follow are our simple rules to follow when determining the type of house you want to build for your Cardigan Welsh Corgi.
Building a House for Your Cardigan Welsh Corgi: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Cardigan Welsh Corgi’s potential adult size. People enjoy having approximately two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Cardigan Welsh Corgi will probably also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Cardigan Welsh Corgis is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Cardigan Welsh Corgi will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Cardigan Welsh Corgi. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Cardigan Welsh Corgi when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Cardigan Welsh Corgi should be able to gaze out the front door when both sitting and standing. So the Cardigan Welsh Corgi will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Cardigan Welsh Corgi and measure the breadth of the widest point of the Cardigan Welsh Corgi’s shoulders.
Building a Dog House for Your Cardigan Welsh Corgi: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the house, and taking your Cardigan Welsh Corgi’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Cardigan Welsh Corgi can use the warmth of its body to warm the space if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Cardigan Welsh Corgi to escape the inclement weather. Your Cardigan Welsh Corgi can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Cardigan Welsh Corgi would probably love having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build Your Cardigan Welsh Corgi a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit slanted in the direction of the opening and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house plans recommend that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Cardigan Welsh Corgi’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Cardigan Welsh Corgi a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Cardigan Welsh Corgi’s house. You should clean your Cardigan Welsh Corgi’s house as often as you give your Cardigan Welsh Corgi a bath.
Cardigan Welsh Corgi Dog House: Conclusion
If your Cardigan Welsh Corgi stays outdoors then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Cardigan Welsh Corgi will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Cardigan Welsh Corgis.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂