More than fifty percent of owners permit their Pyrenean Mastiffs to stay indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Pyrenean Mastiff, following are some easy rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to build for your Pyrenean Mastiff.
How to Build Your Pyrenean Mastiff a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Pyrenean Mastiff’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having about 2 feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Pyrenean Mastiff will probably also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both people and Pyrenean Mastiffs is approximately 33 percent of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Pyrenean Mastiff will need get a tape measure and measure your Pyrenean Mastiff. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Pyrenean Mastiff when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Pyrenean Mastiff should be able to see out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Pyrenean Mastiff will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Pyrenean Mastiff and measure the width of the widest point of the Pyrenean Mastiff’s shoulders.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Pyrenean Mastiff: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To dissuade bugs from invading the house, and taking your Pyrenean Mastiff’s health into consideration, remember how vital fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Pyrenean Mastiff can use the warmth of its body to heat up the area if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will help your Pyrenean Mastiff to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build Your Pyrenean Mastiff a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit slanted toward the entryway and build the roof a bit angled, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the dog house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Pyrenean Mastiff’s House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Pyrenean Mastiff a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty out your Pyrenean Mastiff’s home. You should empty your Pyrenean Mastiff’s house as frequently as you give your Pyrenean Mastiff a bath.
Pyrenean Mastiff Dog House: Conclusion
If your Pyrenean Mastiff lives outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Pyrenean Mastiff will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pyrenean Mastiffs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂