Over 50 percent of owners allows their Mioritics to stay indoors and sleep on the couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Mioritic, here are some easy rules to follow when deciding what type of shelter you want to provide for your Mioritic.
How to Build Your Mioritic a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Mioritic’s potential adult size. People enjoy having about 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Mioritic will probably also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Mioritics is around a third of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Mioritic will need get out a tape measure and measure your Mioritic. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Mioritic when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Mioritic should be able to gaze out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Mioritic won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Mioritic and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Mioritic a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from invading the house, and taking your Mioritic’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Mioritic can use the warmth of its own body to heat the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will permit your Mioritic to escape the inclement weather. Your Mioritic can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build Your Mioritic a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit slanted in the direction of the opening and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Mioritic’s House
5. It is recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Mioritic a dog house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Mioritic’s house. You should empty out the Mioritic’s house as frequently as you give your Mioritic a bath.
Mioritic Dog House: Conclusion
If your Mioritic lives outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Mioritic will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Mioritics.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂