Greater than 50 percent of the population permit their English Foxhounds to stay indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of you who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your English Foxhound, here are some simple rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to provide for your English Foxhound.
Building Your English Foxhound a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your English Foxhound’s potential adult size. We enjoy having around two feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your English Foxhound will also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both humans and English Foxhounds is approximately thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much room the English Foxhound will need get out a ruler and measure your English Foxhound. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the English Foxhound when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your English Foxhound should be able to look out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the English Foxhound won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the English Foxhound and measure the breadth of the widest point of the English Foxhound’s shoulders.
How to Build Your English Foxhound a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your English Foxhound’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the English Foxhound can use the warmth of its own body to warm up the area if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will permit your English Foxhound to escape the unpleasant weather. Your English Foxhound can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved English Foxhound would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a Dog House for Your English Foxhound: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the doorway and build the roof a bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your English Foxhound’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your English Foxhound a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty out your English Foxhound’s house. You should clean the English Foxhound’s house as frequently as you give your English Foxhound a bath.
English Foxhound Dog House: Conclusion
If your English Foxhound stays outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the English Foxhound will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about English Foxhounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂