Greater than 50 percent of people permit their Magyar Agars to live indoors and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Magyar Agar, to follow are our simple rules to follow when considering what type of shelter you want to provide for your Magyar Agar.
Building Your Magyar Agar a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Magyar Agar’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. The Magyar Agar will also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Magyar Agars is around 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Magyar Agar will need go get a tape measure and measure your Magyar Agar. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Magyar Agar when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Magyar Agar should be able to gaze out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the Magyar Agar won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Magyar Agar and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Magyar Agar a House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Magyar Agar’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Magyar Agar can use the heat of its body to warm the space if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will help your Magyar Agar to escape the inclement weather. Your Magyar Agar can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Magyar Agar would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building Your Magyar Agar a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit angled toward the doorway and build the roof a bit slanted, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the house doorway faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Magyar Agar’s House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Magyar Agar a house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Magyar Agar’s home. You should empty your Magyar Agar’s house as much as you give your Magyar Agar a bath.
Magyar Agar Dog House: Conclusion
If your Magyar Agar stays outside then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Magyar Agar will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Magyar Agars.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂