Over fifty percent of the population permit their Braque D’Auvergnes to live indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Braque D’Auvergne, to follow are our easy rules to follow when determining the type of shelter you want to provide for your Braque D’Auvergne.
How to Build Your Braque D’Auvergne a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Braque D’Auvergne’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having about two feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Braque D’Auvergne will also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Braque D’Auvergnes is about a third of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Braque D’Auvergne will need get a tape measure and measure your Braque D’Auvergne. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Braque D’Auvergne when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Braque D’Auvergne should be able to peer out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Braque D’Auvergne won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Braque D’Auvergne and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a Dog House for Your Braque D’Auvergne: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from invading the dog house, and taking your Braque D’Auvergne’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Braque D’Auvergne can use the warmth of its body to heat up the area if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Braque D’Auvergne to escape the bad weather. Your animal can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Braque D’Auvergne would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Braque D’Auvergne: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the entrance and construct the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most dog house plans suggest that the house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Braque D’Auvergne’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Braque D’Auvergne a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Braque D’Auvergne’s house. You should clean your Braque D’Auvergne’s house as frequently as you give your Braque D’Auvergne a bath.
Braque D’Auvergne Dog House: Conclusion
If your Braque D’Auvergne lives outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Braque D’Auvergne will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Braque D’Auvergnes.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂