More than 50% of people permit their Bouvier Des Flandress to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Bouvier Des Flandres, here are some simple rules to follow when considering the type of house you want to build for your Bouvier Des Flandres.
Building Your Bouvier Des Flandres a House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Bouvier Des Flandres’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having about 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Bouvier Des Flandres will probably also enjoy having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Bouvier Des Flandress is approximately 1/3 of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Bouvier Des Flandres will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Bouvier Des Flandres. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Bouvier Des Flandres when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Bouvier Des Flandres should be able to see out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Bouvier Des Flandres won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Bouvier Des Flandres and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Bouvier Des Flandres: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To discourage pests from entering the house, and taking your Bouvier Des Flandres’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Bouvier Des Flandres can use the warmth of its body to heat up the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will allow your Bouvier Des Flandres to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Bouvier Des Flandres can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build Your Bouvier Des Flandres a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the door and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house plans recommend that the dog house door faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Bouvier Des Flandres’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Bouvier Des Flandres a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean out your Bouvier Des Flandres’s house. You should clean your Bouvier Des Flandres’s house as often as you give your Bouvier Des Flandres a bath.
Bouvier Des Flandres Dog House: Conclusion
If your Bouvier Des Flandres stays outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Bouvier Des Flandres will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bouvier Des Flandress.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂