Training a English Mastiff is very easy. All that’s required is patience, dedication and these five easy to learn techniques and you’ll teach them successfully.
In This Article are five Great Suggestions for how you can train the English Mastiff with great results:
1. To prevent a English Mastiff from becoming confused and so that they can begin to learn orders easily only a single person should be responsible for training the English Mastiff starting out. In instances where too many individuals attempt to train a English Mastiff simultaneously it can halt progress in its tracks.
2. You must take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever the English Mastiff obeys, you must reward it so that he can know that what he did was correct. If the English Mastiff will not follow your commands, don’t harass him. English Mastiffs aren’t as smart as we are, they take longer to learn. What you have to understand is that your English Mastiff may not easily comprehend your orders in the first teaching, it takes repetition to train the English Mastiff . Do not punish a English Mastiff since he might begin to develop anxiety which will stunt his learning and ability to be trained. Trainers should use treats or food to reward a English Mastiff, although you should not take it too far.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 command after the other. In the event he is unable to absorb it, just remain on that command only because adding new commands will just confuse the English Mastiff. Rely on the basics.
4. When teaching orders, you should keep your tone pleasant so that the English Mastiff will gladly follow your commands. English Mastiffs will respond to a quiet and confident tone. When you yell, he could be annoyed and fearful.
5. Train your English Mastiff in various locations. When you keep your English Mastiff in one certain location like your home, he won’t be able to adjust to a different location with new individuals. Take him to a park or through the neighborhood. This can assist your English Mastiff get used to more breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training A English Mastiff
Training a English Mastiff will often be hard, but it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the one to benefit when your English Mastiff is taught. Who knows, he may even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about English Mastiffs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂