We all dream of training the perfect Transylvanian Hound, a pup that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and reliable at all times. Well dreams really do come true if the teaching is performed with kindness and dedication. Always remember pups learn from day one and really need to be informed what is correct, what isn’t, and proper interpersonal skills.
Puppies are just like small children, they want to have continuous guidance and instruction. Training a pup need not be a challenge, all you want to bear in mind are a few simple rules:
10 Tips For Training Your Transylvanian Hound
- Till your pup learns, you must keep an eye on her at all times. Whenever you can’t then you ought to crate him. Develop a calendar for the pup, this will enable him to settle down quickly. The calendar must include things such as hourly potty breaks, feeding times, relaxation times, strolls, play time, exercise, and so forth. A pup that has a very busy day has no time to get unoccupied and get into mischief.
- Train the pup to respect you. Transylvanian Hounds live in packs and instinctively adhere to a leader. If you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then coaching will get easy as the pup will heed you at all times and not test your authority.
- Use exclusively encouraging training strategies. Never ever shout at, whack, or punish your Transylvanian Hound. It is not only cruel but can result in behavioral concerns. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera may possibly hurt the animal.
- Teach the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is without cost.” This is a method of teaching that is broadly regarded as a helpful coaching tool. When you apply this, your pup will be taught that to experience something like love, a walk, or treat, he will need to behave properly.
- Show the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not endorse behaviors like leaping, growling, tug-o-war, howling, or escaping open gates and doorways. Compliment courtesy and ignore or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly learn that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a behavior you have to witness the Transylvanian Hound in the act and surprise him by rattling a bottle of stones. When you have done this make him improve his behavior and promptly offer him a treat and approval. Transylvanian Hounds do not think of what happened earlier so chastening him after an event is of no use.
- Make sure to call/use his name favorably. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create confusion and the Transylvanian Hound will think that if you call his name then it is something negative. The pup needs to identify his name with pleasant times like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this transpires he will approach happily anytime you call his name.
- Make a coaching regimen that is short and sweet, say ten minutes three times a day. Long repeated sessions can be uninteresting and the Transylvanian Hound is going to lose interest in learning. Make training exciting and use trick training to show directions like sit, down, come etc.
- Bond with the Transylvanian Hound and both of you will certainly love your sessions. The pup needs to anticipate spending time with you and not stay clear of you by turning tail or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the pup as soon as possible. Socialization is one of the most important lessons. The Transylvanian Hound should learn to be around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, slowly and gradually introduce the doggie when he is little to common tasks and noises. Take him to the shopping mall/ dog park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and garden hose.
- Learn everything about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, as well as food training. These are introductory lessons that every Transylvanian Hound puppy has to learn. Know about all the habits and qualities of the breed. This will give you important ideas on how to effectively teach the dog.
As a Transylvanian Hound parent you have numerous choices. You could possibly decide to train the Transylvanian Hound yourself or enroll at a professional training school. Training a Transylvanian Hound has several steps: preschool, obedience training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, as well as other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What level you choose to instruct depends on you in addition to the learning abilities of your Transylvanian Hound. As you are aware, different dogs, like people, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your Transylvanian Hound pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Transylvanian Hounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂