Training Polish Greyhounds is very simple. All that’s required is dedication, patience coupled with some easy to learn tactics and you will teach them successfully.
Below we share 5 Useful Tips for how you can train the Polish Greyhound with great results:
1. In order to prevent a Polish Greyhound from getting unsure and in order that they can recognize commands easily only one individual should train a Polish Greyhound initially. If too many folks attempt to train the Polish Greyhound simultaneously this will halt progress in its tracks.
2. You should always utilize positive feedback. Whenever your Polish Greyhound does something right, the trainier must praise it so he will realize that what he did was proper. If the Polish Greyhound can’t follow instructions, never harass him. Polish Greyhounds aren’t as smart as us, they take longer to learn. What you must understand is that the Polish Greyhound won’t easily comprehend your orders in just 1 teaching, it requires repetition to teach your Polish Greyhound . Do not punish your Polish Greyhound since he could begin to develop skittishness which can negatively affect his learning and willingness to be broken in. Trainers can give them snacks or treats in order to reward a Polish Greyhound, but definitely you shouldn’t overuse it.
3. Teach skills one at a time. Attempt to teach him one skill after the next. In the instance where he won’t retain it, stay on that command only because trying more instructions may just confuse the Polish Greyhound. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. When you are teaching lessons, keep your inflection pleasant so the Polish Greyhound will willingly obey your instructions. Polish Greyhounds respond best to a low and coaxing voice. When you shout out loud, he may be annoyed and afraid.
5. Train a Polish Greyhound in different locales. When you keep a Polish Greyhound in a particular space like your home, he won’t be able to adapt to a new space with new individuals. Take him to a dog park or through the neighborhood. This can aid your Polish Greyhound get used to different breeds and people.
Training The Polish Greyhound: Conclusion
Teaching the Polish Greyhound can often be hard, but it’ll be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the lucky one when your Polish Greyhound is taught. Who knows, he could even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Polish Greyhounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂