Training Norwegian Buhunds is quite simple. All that’s required is patience, dedication along with these five easy to learn tactics and you’ll break them in successfully.
Here are 5 Useful Suggestions for how you can break in a Norwegian Buhund with great results:
1. In order to avoid a Norwegian Buhund from getting unsure and so that they will be able to begin to recognize instructions easily just a single person should train the Norwegian Buhund to start. In instances where too many folks try to train the Norwegian Buhund simultaneously it can stop the process in its tracks.
2. One must always utilize positive feedback and reinforcements. When a Norwegian Buhund obeys, one should praise the action so that he will know that what he did was right. If a Norwegian Buhund won’t follow and understand instructions, never harass him. Norwegian Buhunds aren’t as smart as people, they take longer to learn. What you have to take into account is that they might not easily understand all your commands in just 1 session, it requires repetition to break in your Norwegian Buhund successfully. Do not scold the Norwegian Buhund because he could begin to develop skittishness which may negatively affect his learning and willingness to be broken in. You might use treats to encourage a Norwegian Buhund, but do not overuse it.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Try to train him on 1 instruction after another. In case he will not absorb it, try to stay on that instruction only because piling on additional skills will most likely just confuse the Norwegian Buhund. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. When you are teaching skills, you must keep your intonation pleasant so the Norwegian Buhund will gladly obey the commands. Norwegian Buhunds respond to a quiet and coaxing voice. If you ever scream, he could get unresponsive and afraid.
5. Train your Norwegian Buhund in varying spaces. If you keep a Norwegian Buhund in 1 certain location like your home, he won’t have the ability to adjust to a new place with different people. Take him to a park or around the neighborhood. This can assist your Norwegian Buhund get familiar with other breeds and people.
Norwegian Buhund Training: Conclusion
Training the Norwegian Buhund will frequently be difficult, however it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the lucky one when your Norwegian Buhund is broken in. You don’t know, he might even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Norwegian Buhunds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂