Training Kuvaszs is not a hard job. All you need is dedication, patience together with a few easy to learn skills and you will break them in successfully.
Below we share five Top Techniques for how to teach a Kuvasz with fantastic results:
1. In order to avoid a Kuvasz from getting unsure and in order that they can begin to understand instructions easily only one person should be responsible for training the Kuvasz at first. In instances where too many folks are trying to train a Kuvasz simultaneously this may stop progress in its tracks.
2. One must always utilize positive feedback and reinforcements. Once your Kuvasz obeys, one should reward the behavior so he will know that what he did was correct. If a Kuvasz won’t understand and follow commands, never scold him. Kuvaszs aren’t as intelligent as we are, they make mistakes. What you must accept is that they might not easily comprehend all your commands in just one session, it requires repetition to teach a Kuvasz . Don’t berate the Kuvasz because he might develop fear which will stunt his learning and willingness to be broken in. You can use treats to reward your Kuvasz, but definitely you should not overdue it.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Attempt to teach him 1 skill after the other. In case he can’t remember it, just stay on that instruction only because piling on more skills will just confuse the Kuvasz. Start with the fundamentals.
4. When you are giving orders, just keep your tone pleasant so the Kuvasz will cheerfully obey the orders. Kuvaszs respond to a quiet and coaxing voice. If you yell, he might get agitated and startled.
5. Train the Kuvasz in different locations. If you keep the Kuvasz in just 1 certain environment like your house, he will not be able to adjust to a new environment with new individuals. Take him to your dog park or throughout your neighborhood. This can aid your Kuvasz associate with different people and breeds.
Conclusion: Training A Kuvasz
Teaching the Kuvasz will frequently be difficult, however it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the lucky one when your Kuvasz is trained. You don’t know, he could even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Kuvaszs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂