Training Kerry Blue Terriers is not a hard task. Just have a little dedication, patience and a few simple tricks and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below we share five Great Tips for how you can train a Kerry Blue Terrier successfully:
1. To prevent a Kerry Blue Terrier from being unsure and so that they will be able to begin to understand instructions quickly only 1 individual should train the Kerry Blue Terrier in the beginning. If too many folks are attempting to train a Kerry Blue Terrier simultaneously it may halt the process.
2. One should always use positive reinforcements. Once the Kerry Blue Terrier follows orders, you must praise the act so that he can understand that what he did was correct. If a Kerry Blue Terrier cannot follow or understand instructions, don’t harass him. Kerry Blue Terriers aren’t as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you need to understand is that they won’t readily understand all your commands in just one teaching, it requires repetitive actions to teach your Kerry Blue Terrier successfully. Don’t push your Kerry Blue Terrier because he might begin to develop skittishness which will probaby retard his learning and willingness to be trained. You should give them food or snacks to encourage the Kerry Blue Terrier, but you do not want to take it too far.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 skill after another. If he won’t absorb it, stay on that order only because piling on other instructions may just confuse the Kerry Blue Terrier. Start with the basics.
4. In executing commands, keep your tone cheerful so your Kerry Blue Terrier will happily obey the commands. Kerry Blue Terriers will respond to a low and coaxing tone. If you scream, he could be annoyed and fearful.
5. Train your Kerry Blue Terrier in varying places. If you keep your Kerry Blue Terrier in just 1 particular space like your house, he might not be able to adjust to a new place with different individuals. Take him to a park or around your neighborhood. This can aid your Kerry Blue Terrier get familiar with different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Kerry Blue Terrier Training
Teaching your Kerry Blue Terrier can often be difficult, however it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the one to benefit when your Kerry Blue Terrier is trained. Who knows, he may even rescue you one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Kerry Blue Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂