Training a Estrela Mountain Dog is very easy. All that’s required is patience, dedication coupled with five simple skills and you’ll train them successfully.
Here are 5 Useful Tips on how you can teach a Estrela Mountain Dog successfully:
1. In order to avoid a Estrela Mountain Dog from getting disoriented and so that they can learn to understand instructions quickly only one person should be responsible for training the Estrela Mountain Dog to start. If too many people try to train a Estrela Mountain Dog at once this might halt the process.
2. You must always use positive reinforcements and feedback. When the Estrela Mountain Dog obeys, the trainier must reward the behavior so he will realize that what he did was good. If a Estrela Mountain Dog can’t follow commands, never harass him. Estrela Mountain Dogs are not as smart as people, they take longer to learn. What you must take into account is that a Estrela Mountain Dog may not readily obey all your commands in only 1 session, it requires repetitive attempts to train a Estrela Mountain Dog successfully. Do not punish the Estrela Mountain Dog since he could begin to develop skittishness which can hinder his learning and ability to be trained. You may give snacks to reward the Estrela Mountain Dog, although you shouldn’t overuse it.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Make sure to teach him one skill after another. In the event he can’t retain it, try to remain on that order only because piling on new skills will just confuse the Estrela Mountain Dog. Rely on the basics.
4. In executing commands, keep your intonation cheerful so your Estrela Mountain Dog will gleefully submit to your teachings. Estrela Mountain Dogs will respond to a low and coaxing tone. If you shout out loud, he may be annoyed and startled.
5. Train the Estrela Mountain Dog in different locales. When you keep the Estrela Mountain Dog in just one certain place like your house, he might not have the ability to adjust to a different environment with different individuals. Take him to a park or through the neighborhood. This can assist your Estrela Mountain Dog associate with different people and breeds.
Estrela Mountain Dog Training: Conclusion
Training the Estrela Mountain Dog will sometimes be tough, but it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Estrela Mountain Dog is broken in. Who knows, he may even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Estrela Mountain Dogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂