Training a Segugio Italiano is not a hard task. Just have a little patience, dedication coupled with these easy to learn tricks and you will train them successfully.
Here we share 5 Top Techniques on how you can break in your Segugio Italiano successfully:
1. In order to prevent the Segugio Italiano from getting unsure and in order that they can begin to recognize orders easily only a single person should train the Segugio Italiano at first. In instances where too many people attempt to train a Segugio Italiano simultaneously it can halt progress.
2. One should take advantage of positive reinforcements. When the Segugio Italiano does something good, you must reward it so that he will realize that what he did was good. If the Segugio Italiano does not understand or follow commands, don’t punish him. Segugio Italianos are not as smart as we are, they make mistakes. What you must understand is that they may not easily obey all your orders in the first training, it requires repetition to train the Segugio Italiano . Don’t berate a Segugio Italiano as he may develop timidness which will probaby affect his learning and willingness to be broken in. You can give them food to reward your Segugio Italiano, but do not take it too far.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Try to teach him 1 command after the other. In case he will not learn it, just remain on that lesson only because piling on more instructions will probablly just confuse the Segugio Italiano. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. When you are teaching instructions, just keep your tone cheerful so that the Segugio Italiano will cheerfully obey the orders. Segugio Italianos will respond to a low and confident tone. If you ever scream, he could be unresponsive and fearful.
5. Train your Segugio Italiano in varying places. If you keep your Segugio Italiano in one particular location like your house, he might not be able to adjust to a new space with different individuals. Take him to a dog park or through your neighborhood. This can aid your Segugio Italiano associate with more breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training Your Segugio Italiano
Training a Segugio Italiano will frequently be challenging, however it will always be worth it. In the end, you will be the one to benefit when your Segugio Italiano is taught. Who knows, he may even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Segugio Italianos
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂