Training Pugs is not a hard job. You just need patience, dedication and a few simple skills and you’ll teach them successfully.
Below are 5 Useful Tips for how to break in the Pug successfully:
1. To avoid a Pug from becoming unsure and in order that they will be able to begin to recognize instructions quickly just 1 person should be responsible for training a Pug in the beginning. In instances where too many people are attempting to train a Pug simultaneously this can stop the process.
2. One must always utilize positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever a Pug listens, you might reward the action so he can realize that what he did was good. If a Pug does not understand and follow instructions, never berate him. Pugs aren’t as intelligent as we are, they make mistakes. What you have to understand is that your Pug might not readily comprehend your instructions in the first teaching, it takes repeated actions to train the Pug successfully. Don’t push a Pug since he could begin to develop anxiety which can hinder his learning and willingness to be taught. You may give snacks or treats to encourage a Pug, but do not take it too far.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Attempt to teach him one order after another. In case he cannot retain it, try to stay on that command only because piling on other commands may just confuse the Pug. Have faith in the basics.
4. In executing skills, you must keep your inflection cheerful so that the Pug will willingly follow your commands. Pugs respond to a quiet and confident tone. If you yell, he might be nervous and afraid.
5. Train the Pug in varying locales. When you keep a Pug in just one particular location like your house, he won’t be able to adjust to a different space with different individuals. Take him to the dog park or throughout the neighborhood. This can assist your Pug associate with more breeds and people.
Conclusion: Pug Training
Teaching your Pug will sometimes be hard, however it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the beneficiary when your Pug is broken in. You never know, he may even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pugs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂