Training Irish Wolfhounds is very easy. You just need dedication, patience coupled with these 5 easy to learn tricks and you’ll teach them successfully.
Here we share 5 Top Techniques on how you can teach your Irish Wolfhound with fantastic results:
1. In order to prevent your Irish Wolfhound from becoming confused and in order that they can learn to understand commands easily only one individual should be responsible for training the Irish Wolfhound to start. In instances where too many people try to train your Irish Wolfhound at the same time it may halt the process in its tracks.
2. Trainers must always use positive reinforcements. When your Irish Wolfhound listens, one should reward the act so that he will realize that what he did was welcomed. If your Irish Wolfhound cannot follow commands, never berate him. Irish Wolfhounds are not as intelligent as we are, they make mistakes. What you have to understand is that your Irish Wolfhound will not readily understand all your instructions in the first session, it takes repetition to train the Irish Wolfhound successfully. Do not punish a Irish Wolfhound as he may develop timidness which will negatively affect his learning and readiness to be broken in. Trainers might use treats or food to praise your Irish Wolfhound, but you shouldn’t take it too far.
3. Teach orders one at a time. Try to teach him 1 order after the next. In case he cannot retain it, stay on that lesson only because adding new commands will most likely just confuse the Irish Wolfhound. Have faith in the fundamentals.
4. When you are giving lessons, you should keep your inflection pleasant so your Irish Wolfhound will happily obey the instructions. Irish Wolfhounds will respond to a quiet and confident tone. When you scream, he may get agitated and afraid.
5. Train your Irish Wolfhound in various spaces. When you keep a Irish Wolfhound in a certain environment like your home, he may not be able to adapt to a different locale with new individuals. Take him to the dog park or through the neighborhood. This can help your Irish Wolfhound get used to different people and breeds.
Training A Irish Wolfhound: Conclusion
Teaching the Irish Wolfhound can often be difficult, however it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Irish Wolfhound is reared. You never know, he may even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Irish Wolfhounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂