Training a Dutch Smoushond is pretty easy. All you need is patience, dedication coupled with these simple tricks and you’ll teach them successfully.
In This Article are five Helpful Tips for how you can teach your Dutch Smoushond with fantastic results:
1. To prevent the Dutch Smoushond from becoming disoriented and so that they can learn to understand commands easily only a single individual should train a Dutch Smoushond in the beginning. When too many people try to train a Dutch Smoushond at once this can stop progress.
2. One must take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. If the Dutch Smoushond obeys, one might reward the action so he will realize that what he did was proper. If your Dutch Smoushond does not follow your commands, never push him. Dutch Smoushonds are not as smart as people, they take longer to learn. What you must accept is that they will not easily comprehend all your commands in only one training, it takes repeated attempts to break in your Dutch Smoushond successfully. Do not harass a Dutch Smoushond because he may develop anxiety which can negatively affect his learning and readiness to be taught. Trainers may give food or treats to praise a Dutch Smoushond, but you do not want to overuse it.
3. Teach lessons one at a time. Attempt to teach him one instruction after another. In the event he can’t absorb it, remain on that lesson only because piling on additional instructions will just confuse the Dutch Smoushond. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. When you are giving orders, keep your intonation pleasant so the Dutch Smoushond will happily obey the orders. Dutch Smoushonds respond best to a quiet and coaxing voice. When you shout out loud, he could be agitated and afraid.
5. Train a Dutch Smoushond in multiple locales. If you keep your Dutch Smoushond in just 1 particular location like your house, he will not have the ability to adapt to a new space with different individuals. Take him to a dog park or throughout your neighborhood. This can help your Dutch Smoushond get used to other breeds and people.
Dutch Smoushond Training: Conclusion
Training your Dutch Smoushond will often be tough, however it’ll be worth it. In the end, you will be the one to benefit when your Dutch Smoushond is taught. Who knows, he could even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Dutch Smoushonds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂