Training Clumber Spaniels is not a hard task. You just need patience, dedication along with these five simple skills and you will teach them successfully.
Here are 5 Super Techniques for how you can teach your Clumber Spaniel with fantastic results:
1. In order to prevent the Clumber Spaniel from getting unsure and so that they can begin to understand commands readily just 1 individual should be responsible for training a Clumber Spaniel to start. If too many people try to train a Clumber Spaniel simultaneously it will stop progress in its tracks.
2. One should always utilize positive reinforcements and feedback. Once a Clumber Spaniel does something right, you might reward it so he can know that what he did was right. If a Clumber Spaniel can’t understand commands, don’t push him. Clumber Spaniels are not as intelligent as people, they make errors. What you need to accept is that they may not easily comprehend all your orders in the first session, it takes repeated attempts to train your Clumber Spaniel successfully. Do not punish the Clumber Spaniel as he may begin to develop skittishness which will probaby affect his learning and ability to be trained. You might use snacks or food in order to encourage a Clumber Spaniel, although you don’t want to overuse it.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Try to teach him 1 instruction after the next. In the event he can’t absorb it, just stay on that command only because trying new skills will probablly just confuse the Clumber Spaniel. Start with the fundamentals.
4. While giving lessons, just keep your voice cheerful so your Clumber Spaniel will gladly obey the teachings. Clumber Spaniels will respond to a quiet and confident voice. If you ever yell, he could be nervous and afraid.
5. Train a Clumber Spaniel in multiple places. When you keep your Clumber Spaniel in just 1 certain space like your house, he might not have the ability to adjust to a different location with new people. Take him to the park or around the neighborhood. This can aid your Clumber Spaniel get familiar with other breeds and people.
Clumber Spaniel Training: Conclusion
Breaking in the Clumber Spaniel will sometimes be tough, but it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the beneficiary when your Clumber Spaniel is broken in. You don’t know, he might even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Clumber Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂