Training your Ratonero Valenciano is not a hard task. All that’s required is patience, dedication coupled with five simple skills and you will train them successfully.
Here we share 5 Top Tips on how to train your Ratonero Valenciano successfully:
1. In order to avoid a Ratonero Valenciano from getting confused and so that they will be able to begin to learn instructions easily only 1 person should train a Ratonero Valenciano starting out. In instances where too many individuals try to train a Ratonero Valenciano simultaneously it may halt progress.
2. Trainers must always take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever your Ratonero Valenciano listens, the trainier must praise the action so he will understand that what he did was welcomed. If a Ratonero Valenciano can’t follow commands, never harass him. Ratonero Valencianos are not as smart as humans, they take longer to learn. What you should understand is that the Ratonero Valenciano might not easily understand all your commands in the first training, it takes repetitive actions to teach the Ratonero Valenciano successfully. Do not push your Ratonero Valenciano as he may develop skittishness which may affect his learning and readiness to be trained. You might give them food or treats to reward a Ratonero Valenciano, but do not take it too far.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Attempt to teach him 1 instruction after another. In the instance where he is unable to learn it, try to remain on that order only because trying more skills may just confuse the Ratonero Valenciano. Start with the fundamentals.
4. When giving orders, keep your inflection cheerful so that the Ratonero Valenciano will gladly submit to the instructions. Ratonero Valencianos respond best to a quiet and confident tone. When you yell, he might become annoyed and afraid.
5. Train your Ratonero Valenciano in different spaces. When you keep a Ratonero Valenciano in a certain environment like your home, he might not be able to adapt to a different location with new individuals. Take him to your dog park or around your neighborhood. This can assist your Ratonero Valenciano get familiar with different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training The Ratonero Valenciano
Training a Ratonero Valenciano will frequently be challenging, however it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Ratonero Valenciano is reared. You don’t know, he might even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Ratonero Valencianos
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂