Training your Picardy Spaniel is not a hard task. All that’s required is patience, dedication as well as these easy to learn techniques and you will teach them successfully.
Below we share five Helpful Tips on how you can teach a Picardy Spaniel successfully:
1. To prevent the Picardy Spaniel from being disoriented and so that they can begin to recognize orders readily only 1 individual should train your Picardy Spaniel in the beginning. In instances where too many folks attempt to train your Picardy Spaniel at the same time this may halt the process in its tracks.
2. You must use positive reinforcements and feedback. If the Picardy Spaniel listens, one must reward it so that he can understand that what he did was proper. If the Picardy Spaniel can’t follow instructions, don’t punish him. Picardy Spaniels are not as smart as us, they make errors. What you need to understand is that your Picardy Spaniel may not easily comprehend your commands in just one teaching, it requires repetition to teach a Picardy Spaniel . Do not berate your Picardy Spaniel because he might develop fear which might affect his learning and ability to be broken in. Trainers should give food or snacks to reward a Picardy Spaniel, but definitely you shouldn’t overuse it.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 instruction after another. In the instance where he won’t retain it, stay on that instruction only because piling on new orders may just confuse the Picardy Spaniel. Have faith in the basics.
4. When giving instructions, just keep your voice cheerful so that your Picardy Spaniel will willingly submit to the orders. Picardy Spaniels respond best to a low and coaxing voice. If you yell, he may be agitated and afraid.
5. Train your Picardy Spaniel in multiple places. When you keep the Picardy Spaniel in just one certain location like your home, he won’t be able to adapt to a new location with different individuals. Take him to the park or around the neighborhood. This will assist your Picardy Spaniel associate with other breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training The Picardy Spaniel
Training your Picardy Spaniel can frequently be tough, but it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the beneficiary when your Picardy Spaniel is reared. You don’t know, he could even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Picardy Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂