Training a Huntaway is not a hard task. Just have a little patience, dedication together with these five easy to learn skills and you’ll teach them successfully.
Below we share 5 Helpful Techniques on how you can teach a Huntaway successfully:
1. To avoid a Huntaway from getting disoriented and in order that they will be able to understand commands quickly just a single individual should be responsible for training a Huntaway to start. In instances where too many folks are attempting to train the Huntaway at once this can stop the process.
2. One must utilize positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever your Huntaway listens, the trainier should praise the action so he can know that what he did was correct. If the Huntaway cannot understand and follow your commands, don’t scold him. Huntaways are not as smart as humans, they make mistakes. What you must accept is that a Huntaway might not easily follow your orders in the first training, it takes repetition to teach your Huntaway successfully. Don’t harass a Huntaway since he could begin to develop nervousness which can reduce the rate of his learning and ability to be trained. Trainers can use food or treats to praise the Huntaway, although you don’t want to take it too far.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Make sure to train him on 1 command after another. If he won’t absorb it, just stay on that skill only because adding additional lessons will probablly just confuse the Huntaway. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. When executing orders, keep your tone pleasant so your Huntaway will happily follow the lessons. Huntaways respond to a low and confident tone. If you ever shout out loud, he might get annoyed and startled.
5. Train your Huntaway in multiple spaces. If you keep your Huntaway in a certain place like your home, he will not be able to adapt to a different location with new individuals. Take him to your dog park or around your neighborhood. This will help your Huntaway get used to different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Huntaway Training
Training the Huntaway can frequently be tough, but it’ll be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Huntaway is taught. You don’t know, he could even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Huntaways
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂