Training Cretan Hounds is very easy. You just need patience, dedication and 5 simple tactics and you will teach them successfully.
Here we share five Helpful Suggestions for how you can teach the Cretan Hound with fantastic results:
1. To avoid a Cretan Hound from getting confused and in order that they will be able to learn to understand commands quickly only 1 individual should be responsible for training a Cretan Hound to start. If too many folks are attempting to train a Cretan Hound simultaneously this will halt progress.
2. You should always take advantage of positive feedback and reinforcements. If your Cretan Hound listens, the trainier must reward the action so that he can understand that what he did was correct. If a Cretan Hound doesn’t follow or understand your commands, never harass him. Cretan Hounds are not as smart as us, they take longer to learn. What you must realize is that your Cretan Hound might not easily comprehend all your instructions in the first teaching, it requires repetitive attempts to train the Cretan Hound successfully. Don’t punish a Cretan Hound as he might develop fear which might hinder his learning and readiness to be broken in. You may give them food or snacks in order to praise a Cretan Hound, but definitely you should not take it too far.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 lesson after the next. In the instance where he cannot learn it, just remain on that skill only because piling on other skills will just confuse the Cretan Hound. Stick to the basics.
4. When teaching commands, you must keep your inflection cheerful so the Cretan Hound will happily follow the teachings. Cretan Hounds respond to a low and coaxing voice. If you ever shout out loud, he could be nervous and startled.
5. Train your Cretan Hound in varying locations. If you keep a Cretan Hound in just one particular place like your house, he may not be able to adapt to a different location with new individuals. Take him to the dog park or throughout your neighborhood. This can assist your Cretan Hound get acquainted with other people and breeds.
Training Your Cretan Hound: Conclusion
Breaking in a Cretan Hound can often be challenging, but it will be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the lucky one when your Cretan Hound is taught. You never know, he could even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Cretan Hounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂