All of us dream of training the perfect Rajapalayam, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true when the teaching is performed with care and commitment. Do not forget pups learn from the first day and really need to be instructed what is correct, what isn’t, and correct interpersonal skills.
Puppies behave like small children, they desire constant supervision and teaching. Training a pup doesn’t have to be an ordeal, all you need to consider are a few basic rules:
Ten Tips For Training Your Rajapalayam
- Up until your pup learns, you want to keep an eye on her at all times. When you can’t then you ought to cage her. Put together a plan for the pup, this will enable him to settle down very quickly. The routine must incorporate things such as hourly potty visits, feeding times, break periods, strolls, play time, teaching, and more. A pup that has a hectic day has no time to be unoccupied and get into mischief.
- Train the pup to value you. Rajapalayams stay in packs and instinctively need a leader. When you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then teaching will eventually become easy because the pup will heed orders at all times and not test your power.
- Use only encouraging training strategies. Never scream at, smack, or punish your Rajapalayam. It’s not just cruel but can produce behavioral issues. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on can harm the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is free.” This is a philosophy that is universally accepted as an useful coaching tool. As you execute this, your pup will learn that to get something like affection, a stroll, or reward, he will need to behave properly.
- Show the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not endorse actions such as leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, barking, or running out of open gates and doors. Commend courtesy and just ignore or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly discover that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a behavior you will need to catch the Rajapalayam in the process and surprise her by shaking a can of rocks. When you have done this help him remedy his behavior and instantly offer him a treat and appreciation. Rajapalayams do not remember what took place prior so chastening him after an event is useless.
- Be certain to call/use his name positively. Never say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will cause mental confusion and the Rajapalayam will think that if you call his name then it is something bad. The puppy must identify his name with pleasant events like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this occurs he will respond happily the instant you call out his name.
- Generate a teaching schedule that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes thrice a day. Lengthy recurring lessons can be boring and the Rajapalayam is going to lose interest in learning. Make training fun and use trick training sessions to explain orders like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Connect with the Rajapalayam and both of you are going to appreciate your lessons. The pup must hope for spending quality time with you and not stay away from you by breaking away or hiding. Be sure to socialize the puppy quickly. Socialization is among the most significant teachings. The Rajapalayam has to learn to be around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, carefully introduce the doggy when he is little to ordinary tasks and noises. Take him to the mall/ playground, present him to children and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and garden hose.
- Learn everything about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, as well as food training. These are remedial lessons that every Rajapalayam puppy must grasp. Understand all the habits and peculiarities of the breed. This will give you useful insights on how to successfully educate the doggie.
As a Rajapalayam owner you have many options. You may decide to train the Rajapalayam by yourself or sign up at a qualified professional training school. Training a Rajapalayam has several stages: kindergarten, behavior training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, in addition to other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and more. What level you choose to teach depends upon you in addition to the learning abilities of your Rajapalayam. As you realize, various dogs, like human beings, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your Rajapalayam pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Rajapalayams.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂