We all dream of training the perfect Karakachan Dog, a pet that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and responsible at all times. Well dreams really do come true if the instruction is done with care and commitment. Always remember pups learn from day one and need to be advised what is right, what isn’t, and appropriate interpersonal skills.
Puppies are just like small children, they need to get constant guidance and training. Training a pup doesn’t have to be an ordeal, all you have to bear in mind are a few basic guidelines:
10 Tips For Training Your Karakachan Dog
- Until your pup learns, you need to keep an eye on him at all times. If you can’t then you need to cage him. Put together a calendar for the pup, that will enable her to calm down quickly. The routine has to incorporate things such as hourly bathroom breaks, eating times, relaxation times, strolls, play time, education, and so on. A pup that has a full day has no time to become unoccupied and misbehave.
- Train the pup to respect you. Karakachan Dogs live in packs and naturally follow a leader. Once you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then training will come to be easy because the pup will follow you at all times and not question your power.
- Use only constructive training strategies. Never ever yell at, attack, or punish your Karakachan Dog. It is not only terrible but might produce behavioral challenges. Using electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could easily hurt the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in life is without cost.” This is a philosophy that is frequently recognized as a valuable teaching tool. In the event that you reinforce this, your pup will learn that to get anything like love, a stroll, or treat, he needs to behave properly.
- Teach the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not encourage actions such as jumping, mouthing, tug-o-war, howling, or escaping open gates and doorways. Compliment good behavior and just ignore or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly learn that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To improve a behavior you must witness the Karakachan Dog in the process and surprise her by rattling a can of rocks. When you have done this make him improve his behavior and promptly give him a treat and appreciation. Karakachan Dogs do not think of what occurred earlier so reprimanding him after an event is futile.
- Be sure to call/use his name positively. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will cause confusion and the Karakachan Dog will think that if you call his name then it is something bad. The dog should identify his name with pleasant things like hugs, petting, strolls, snacks, and such. If this takes place he will approach happily the second you call out his name.
- Make a teaching regimen that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes 3 times a day. Lengthy repetitive lessons can be monotonous and the Karakachan Dog is going to lose interest in the learning session. Help make learning enjoyable and use trick training sessions to teach orders like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Karakachan Dog and both of you will love your sessions. The pup needs to expect spending time with you and not avoid you by turning tail or taking cover. Make certain to socialize the doggie very early. Socialization is among the most vital teachings. The Karakachan Dog needs to figure out how to be around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, gradually introduce the pup when he is small to everyday activities and noises. Take him to the market/ park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Discover everything about house training, leash walking, house breaking, and food training. These are training 101 lessons that every Karakachan Dog puppy needs to understand. Learn about all the habits and distinctive features of the breed. This will give you useful insights on how to successfully educate the dog.
As a Karakachan Dog owner you have countless choices. You could certainly decide to train the Karakachan Dog by yourself or enroll at a pro training school. Training a Karakachan Dog has many phases: preschool, obedience training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, in addition to other facets like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, et cetera. What level you choose to train hinges on you in addition to the learning abilities of your Karakachan Dog. As you are aware, various dogs, like humans, have varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Karakachan Dog pup will have exciting times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Karakachan Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂