All of us long for training the perfect Bruno Jura Hound, a puppy that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams do come true if the training is performed with care and commitment. Never forget pups learn from the first day and really need to be advised what is right, what isn’t, and effective socialization.
Puppies act like kids, they need to get regular guidance and teaching. Training a pup doesn’t have to be an ordeal, all you want to think about are a few basic guidelines:
Ten Tips For Training Your Bruno Jura Hound
- Till your pup is trained, you must keep an eye on him at all times. When you can not then you need to crate her. Develop a routine for the pup, this will help him to settle fast. The routine should include things such as regular bathroom breaks, feeding times, relaxation periods, walks, play time, exercise, and more. A pup that has a hectic day has no time to become bored or misbehave.
- Train the pup to value you. Bruno Jura Hounds live in packs and naturally need a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then training will end up being easy as the pup will obey you at all times and not test your power.
- Use exclusively constructive training tactics. Do not ever holler at, attack, or punish your Bruno Jura Hound. It’s not just unkind but may bring about behavioral problems. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on can injure the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in life is free.” This is a system that is widely regarded as a practical coaching method. In the event that you reinforce this, the pup will learn that to get something like love, a walk, or snack, he needs to behave well.
- Demonstrate the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not reinforce behaviors like jumping, growling, tug-o-war, barking, or escaping open gates and doorways. Applaud proper behavior and dismiss or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly realize that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To deal with a habit you have to catch the Bruno Jura Hound in the act and startle him by shaking a canister of pebbles. When you have done this help him adjust his behavior and immediately give him a snack and approval. Bruno Jura Hounds do not remember what transpired earlier so scolding him after an event is of no use.
- Be sure you call/use his name favorably. Do not say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the Bruno Jura Hound will think that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The doggy should associate his name with pleasant times like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this happens he will approach happily if you call out his name.
- Generate a coaching schedule that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes 3 times a day. Long repetitive sessions can be dull and the Bruno Jura Hound is going to lose interest in learning. Make learning fun-filled and use trick training to explain commands like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Bruno Jura Hound and both of you will love your sessions. The pup needs to anticipate spending time with you and not stay clear of you by turning tail or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the dog very early. Socialization is among the most significant lessons. The Bruno Jura Hound needs to master how to be around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, carefully introduce the doggy when he is small to regular events and sounds. Take him to the shopping center/ park, present him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Discover all about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, along with food training. These are basic lessons that every Bruno Jura Hound puppy needs to understand. Know about all the characteristics as well as peculiarities of the breed. This will give you useful information on how to successfully coach the doggie.
As a Bruno Jura Hound owner you have numerous choices. You could certainly choose to train the Bruno Jura Hound yourself or enroll at a professional training school. Training a Bruno Jura Hound has numerous levels: preschool, behavior training, doggie sports, presenting and conformation, as well as other facets like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, et cetera. What degree you choose to coach hinges on you along with the learning abilities of your Bruno Jura Hound. As you are aware, different dogs, like human beings, possess varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Bruno Jura Hound pup will have exciting times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bruno Jura Hounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂