We all dream of training the perfect Combai, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams really do come true if the education is performed with care and dedication. Don’t forget pups learn from day one and really need to be informed what is right, what is not, and ideal interpersonal skills.
Puppies are like small children, they have to have constant direction and teaching. Training a pup need not be an ordeal, all you have to remember are a few simple principles:
Ten Tips For Training Your Combai
- Till your pup learns, you need to keep an eye on him at all times. When you can’t then you ought to cage her. Develop a calendar for the pup, that will serve to help her to calm down fast. The schedule must consist of things like regular potty breaks, eating times, rest periods, walks, play time, training, and so forth. A pup that has a full day has no time at all to get unoccupied or get into mischief.
- Train the pup to heed you. Combais stay in packs and instinctively adhere to a leader. When you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then coaching will become easy as the pup will comply with orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Utilize exclusively encouraging training tactics. Never shout at, whack, or punish your Combai. It is not only cruel but will result in behavioral challenges. Use of electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could possibly wound the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in life is free.” This is a mantra that is generally recognized as a very useful training method. When you apply this, the pup will be taught that to experience something like affection, a walk, or treat, he needs to behave well.
- Present the significance of “No,” from day one. Do not encourage actions such as jumping, yelping, tug-o-war, snarling, or running out of open gates and doorways. Celebrate excellent behavior and dismiss or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly realize that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To improve a behavior you must witness the Combai in the act and surprise her by rattling a canister of marbles. When you have done this help him improve his behavior and immediately give him a snack and appreciation. Combais do not recall what occurred previously so rebuking him after an event is futile.
- Be sure you call/use his name favorably. Do not ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create mental confusion and the Combai will believe that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The pup should identify his name with pleasant events like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this transpires he will come willingly if you call out his name.
- Develop a training routine that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes 3 times a day. Lengthy repetitive lessons can be uninteresting and the Combai is going to lose interest in the learning session. Make training fun and use trick training to teach commands like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Combai and both of you will definitely get a kick out of your sessions. The pup needs to wait to spending time with you and not stay clear of you by running away or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the dog quickly. Socialization is among the most vital lessons. The Combai needs to master how to exist with various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly and gradually introduce the pup when he is little to regular events and sounds. Take him to the shopping centre/ playground, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Master all about house training, leash walking, house breaking, along with food training. These are remedial lessons that every Combai puppy needs to master. Learn about all the idiosyncrasies in addition to distinctive features of the breed. This will give you important information on how to properly instruct the puppy dog.
As a Combai owner you have a lot of options. You could certainly choose to train the Combai by yourself or enroll at a skilled professional training school. Training a Combai has several levels: preschool, behavior training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, in addition to other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, etc. What standard you decide to coach hinges on you in addition to the learning abilities of your Combai. As you recognize, various dogs, like humans, possess varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Combai pup will have exciting times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Combais.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂