We all imagine training the perfect Briquet Griffon Vendeen, a pet that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and responsible at all times. Well dreams do come true if the instruction is done with kindness and commitment. Realize pups learn from the first day and really need to be taught what is correct, what is wrong, and appropriate socialization.
Puppies behave like kids, they need to get regular guidance and teaching. Training a pup need not be a challenge, all you want to think about are a few basic rules:
10 Tips For Training Your Briquet Griffon Vendeen
- Till your pup learns, you must keep an eye on him at all times. Whenever you can’t then you have to cage her. Make a plan for the pup, this will serve to help her to settle very quickly. The schedule should consist of things like hourly bathroom visits, feeding times, relaxation periods, strolls, play time, training, et cetera. A pup that has a busy day has no time at all to become bored and get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to appreciate you. Briquet Griffon Vendeens live in packs and naturally follow a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then training will come easy as the pup will heed orders at all times and not defy your authority.
- Utilize exclusively constructive training tactics. Do not ever yell at, whack, or punish your Briquet Griffon Vendeen. It’s not only unkind but might create behavioral problems. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on can hurt the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in this life is without cost.” This is a mantra that is broadly regarded as a reliable coaching method. When you emphasize this, your pup will be taught that to experience something like love, a stroll, or treat, he needs to behave well.
- Present the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not embrace behaviors like leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, howling, or running out of open gates and doorways. Praise great behavior and disregard or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly discover that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a behavior you have to catch the Briquet Griffon Vendeen in the process and startle him by rattling a canister of marbles. When you have done this make him fix his behavior and instantly give him a treat and appreciation. Briquet Griffon Vendeens do not recall what took place prior so chastening him after an event is futile.
- Always call/use his name positively. Do not ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce confusion and the Briquet Griffon Vendeen will believe that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The dog needs to relate his name with happy events like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this happens he will respond happily as soon as you call his name.
- Establish a training schedule that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes thrice a day. Prolonged recurring trainings can be uninspiring and the Briquet Griffon Vendeen will lose interest in the learning session. Help make lessons cool and use trick training to demonstrate orders like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Briquet Griffon Vendeen and both of you will appreciate your lessons. The pup should wait to spending time with you and not stay away from you by turning tail or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the pup as soon as possible. Socialization is one of the most essential teachings. The Briquet Griffon Vendeen must definitely master how to coexist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly but surely introduce the doggie when he is small to common activities and noises. Take him to the market/ dog park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and water hose.
- Understand all about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, as well as food training. These are introductory lessons that every Briquet Griffon Vendeen puppy must understand. Understand all the characteristics as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you valuable insights on how to effectively train the pup.
As a Briquet Griffon Vendeen parent you have numerous options. You may decide to train the Briquet Griffon Vendeen yourself or register at a high quality training school. Training a Briquet Griffon Vendeen has several steps: preschool, obedience training, dog sports, showing and conformation, and other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What standard you decide to teach hinges on you along with the brainpower of your Briquet Griffon Vendeen. As you understand, different dogs, like people, have different talents. Choose well and both you and your Briquet Griffon Vendeen pup will have exciting times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Briquet Griffon Vendeens.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂