All of us imagine training the perfect Mudhol Hound, a pet that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true when the instruction is done with care and focus. Keep in mind pups learn from the first day and really need to be shown what is right, what is not, and proper interpersonal skills.
Puppies act like young children, they want to have constant supervision and instruction. Training a pup does not have to be a nightmare, all you need to take note of are a few straightforward principles:
Ten Tips For Training Your Mudhol Hound
- Up until your pup learns, you need to keep an eye on him at all times. Once you are unable to then you have to cage her. Develop a routine for the pup, that will serve to help her to settle down quickly. The calendar needs to include things such as hourly bathroom visits, feeding times, sleep periods, strolls, play time, teaching, etc. A pup that has a busy day has no time to become unoccupied or get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to appreciate you. Mudhol Hounds stay in packs and instinctively comply with a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then instructing will come easy because the pup will obey you at all times and not test your power.
- Use only constructive training techniques. Never yell at, whack, or abuse your Mudhol Hound. It is not just terrible but will trigger behavioral issues. Using electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera could easily hurt the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in life is without cost.” This is a method of teaching that is frequently recognized as an useful training method. If you reinforce this, the pup will find out that to get anything like love, a stroll, or reward, he must act properly.
- Teach the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not reinforce behaviors like leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, barking, or escaping open gates and doorways. Celebrate proper behavior and dismiss or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will discover that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a behavior you have to catch the Mudhol Hound in the process and surprise her by rattling a container of stones. When you have done this help him rectify his behavior and instantly give him a treat and appreciation. Mudhol Hounds do not call to mind what took place earlier so scolding him after an occurrence is useless.
- Be sure you call/use his name favorably. Do not ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will trigger mental confusion and the Mudhol Hound will believe that if you call his name then it is something negative. The puppy needs to affiliate his name with happy things like hugs, petting, strolls, treats, and such. If this takes place he will approach happily when you call his name.
- Make a training routine that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes three times a day. Extensive recurring sessions can be monotonous and the Mudhol Hound will lose interest in learning. Make learning entertaining and use trick training sessions to explain directions like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Mudhol Hound and both of you will have fun with your lessons. The pup needs to wait to hanging out with you and not stay clear of you by turning tail or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the dog early on. Socialization is among the most critical teachings. The Mudhol Hound will need to figure out how to be with various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, carefully introduce the dog when he is little to ordinary events and noises. Take him to the shopping mall/ dog park, introduce him to children and other animals, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Get to know everything about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are training 101 lessons that every Mudhol Hound puppy should grasp. Understand all the idiosyncrasies as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you useful information on how to successfully instruct the pup.
As a Mudhol Hound parent you have numerous choices. You could very well decide to train the Mudhol Hound yourself or enlist at a high quality training school. Training a Mudhol Hound has numerous steps: kindergarten, behavior training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, as well as other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, etc. What standard you decide to train depends on you in addition to the brainpower of your Mudhol Hound. As you recognize, different dogs, like human beings, have varied talents. Choose well and both you and your Mudhol Hound pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Mudhol Hounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂