We all hope for training the perfect Galgo Espanol, a pet that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and responsible at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the instruction is performed with care and dedication. Remember pups learn from day one and need to be shown what is correct, what isn’t, and proper interpersonal skills.
Pups behave like kids, they want frequent direction and training. Training a pup needn’t be a chore, all you need to keep in mind are a few simple rules:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Galgo Espanol
- Until your pup learns, you have to keep an eye on her at all times. If you can’t then you should crate her. Put together a routine for the pup, this will serve to help her to settle down easily. The plan must incorporate things like hourly bathroom breaks, eating times, break times, strolls, play time, teaching, and so forth. A pup that has a very busy day has no time at all for being unoccupied or get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to respect you. Galgo Espanols stay in packs and naturally comply with a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then teaching will end up being easy because the pup will obey you at all times and not challenge your power.
- Utilize only positive training techniques. Do not ever yell at, hit, or abuse your Galgo Espanol. It’s not just harsh but might result in behavioral issues. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could certainly harm the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in life is without cost.” This is a philosophy that is widely recognized as a very useful teaching method. In the event that you apply this, the pup will find out that to get something like love, a walk, or snack, he needs to behave well.
- Demonstrate the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not endorse actions such as leaping, growling, tug-o-war, snarling, or running out of open gates and doorways. Appreciate proper behavior and disregard or leave when there is bad behavior. The pup will discover that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a behavior you will need to witness the Galgo Espanol in the process and startle her by shaking a bottle of pebbles. Once you have done this make him correct his behavior and immediately give him a treat and approval. Galgo Espanols do not remember what happened prior so reprimanding him after an event is of no use.
- Be sure to call/use his name positively. Do not ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create mental confusion and the Galgo Espanol will presume that if you call his name then it is for something bad. The puppy must correlate his name with pleasant events like hugs, petting, strolls, treats, and such. If this happens he will approach willingly as soon as you call his name.
- Generate a teaching schedule that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes three times a day. Prolonged recurring lessons can be monotonous and the Galgo Espanol is going to lose interest in the learning session. Help make lessons entertaining and use trick training sessions to explain directions like sit, down, come etc.
- Connect with the Galgo Espanol and both of you will certainly enjoy your sessions. The pup ought to look forward to hanging out with you and not steer clear of you by breaking away or hiding. Make sure to socialize the pup quickly. Socialization is among the most vital teachings. The Galgo Espanol must definitely figure out how to coexist with other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, gradually introduce the doggy when he is little to common activities and sounds. Take him to the store/ park, present him to children and other animals, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Get to know everything about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are training 101 lessons that every Galgo Espanol puppy has to learn. Learn about all the characteristics as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you useful insights on how to effectively train the doggie.
As a Galgo Espanol parent you have a lot of choices. You can choose to train the Galgo Espanol yourself or enroll at a qualified professional training school. Training a Galgo Espanol has numerous levels: kindergarten, behavior training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, as well as other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What standard you choose to coach depends upon you along with the brainpower of your Galgo Espanol. As you are aware, different dogs, like people, have varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Galgo Espanol pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Galgo Espanols.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂