All of us dream of training the perfect Chinese Chongqing Dog, a pet that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and responsible at all times. Well dreams do come true if the training is performed with kindness and focus. Always remember pups learn from day one and really need to be advised what is correct, what is not, and proper socialization.
Pups act like children, they have to have continuous supervision and instruction. Training a pup doesn’t have to be a challenge, all you want to take note of are a few simple principles:
10 Tips For Training Your Chinese Chongqing Dog
- Up until your pup is trained, you must keep an eye on her at all times. Whenever you are unable to then you ought to cage him. Establish a routine for the pup, that will serve to help her to settle down very quickly. The schedule will need to incorporate things such as regular bathroom visits, eating times, rest times, walks, play time, education, et cetera. A pup that has a busy day has no time at all for being bored or get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to value you. Chinese Chongqing Dogs stay in packs and instinctively adhere to a leader. When you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then coaching will come easy because the pup will follow you at all times and not question your authority.
- Utilize exclusively encouraging training methods. Don’t holler at, smack, or punish your Chinese Chongqing Dog. It’s not only harsh but can easily produce behavioral issues. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, etc could possibly wound the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in life is without cost.” This is a method of teaching that is widely accepted as a valuable coaching tool. If you execute this, your pup will learn that to get anything like affection, a stroll, or reward, he has to behave properly.
- Teach the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not endorse actions such as leaping, mouthing, tug-o-war, barking, or running out of open gates and doorways. Celebrate good behavior and ignore or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly learn that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a habit you must witness the Chinese Chongqing Dog in the act and startle him by rattling a bottle of rocks. When you have done this help him improve his behavior and immediately give him a snack and appreciation. Chinese Chongqing Dogs do not call to mind what happened earlier so reprimanding him after an event is futile.
- At all times call/use his name positively. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in confusion and the Chinese Chongqing Dog will think that if you call his name then it is something negative. The doggy should link his name with happy events like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this takes place he will come happily when you call his name.
- Generate a training routine that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes thrice a day. Extensive recurring trainings can be boring and the Chinese Chongqing Dog is going to lose interest in learning. Help make learning interesting and use trick training to show orders like sit, down, come etc.
- Connect with the Chinese Chongqing Dog and both of you will definitely have fun with your lessons. The pup ought to eagerly anticipate spending quality time with you and not avoid you by breaking away or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the young dog as soon as possible. Socialization is among the most significant teachings. The Chinese Chongqing Dog should figure out how to exist with various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, gradually introduce the dog when he is small to normal events and sounds. Take him to the store/ dog park, present him to children and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Discover everything about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, in addition to food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Chinese Chongqing Dog puppy has to master. Understand all the mannerisms and distinctive features of the breed. This will give you useful information on how to successfully train the doggy.
As a Chinese Chongqing Dog parent you have plenty of choices. You may choose to train the Chinese Chongqing Dog by yourself or enroll at a pro training school. Training a Chinese Chongqing Dog has several steps: preschool, obedience training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, and other facets like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What degree you choose to train is dependent on you in addition to the learning abilities of your Chinese Chongqing Dog. As you recognize, various dogs, like human beings, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your Chinese Chongqing Dog pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Chinese Chongqing Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂