We all long for training the perfect Tweed Water Spaniel, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well mannered and reliable at all times. Well dreams really do come true if the training is done with kindness and dedication. Don’t forget pups learn from the first day and want to be advised what is right, what isn’t, and appropriate socialization.
Pups act like small children, they desire frequent direction and training. Training a pup needn’t be a nightmare, all you want to remember are a few simple rules:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Tweed Water Spaniel
- Up until your pup learns, you must keep an eye on her at all times. Once you can not then you must definitely crate him. Make a routine for the pup, this will enable him to settle fast. The calendar has to incorporate things like regular potty visits, eating times, break times, walks, play time, training, and so forth. A pup that has a busy day has no time for being bored and misbehave.
- Train the pup to appreciate you. Tweed Water Spaniels live in packs and instinctively comply with a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then instructing will come easy because the pup will comply with orders at all times and not question your authority.
- Utilize only positive training tactics. Never holler at, strike, or abuse your Tweed Water Spaniel. It’s not only cruel but might trigger behavioral concerns. Use of electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth can wound the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in life is without cost.” This is a system that is generally accepted as a helpful coaching method. In the event that you emphasize this, the pup will be taught that to get something like affection, a stroll, or snack, he needs to act properly.
- Teach the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not reinforce actions like leaping, growling, tug-o-war, yapping, or running out of open gates and doors. Celebrate great behavior and disregard or leave when there is bad behavior. The pup will realize that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a habit you will need to catch the Tweed Water Spaniel in the act and surprise him by rattling a can of marbles. Once you have done this help him fix his behavior and instantly offer him a treat and approval. Tweed Water Spaniels do not think of what took place prior so chastening him after an occurrence is of no use.
- Be certain to call/use his name positively. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will cause mental confusion and the Tweed Water Spaniel will believe that if you call his name then it is for something bad. The puppy needs to connect his name with pleasant things like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this transpires he will respond happily if you call out his name.
- Create a coaching schedule that is short and sweet, about ten minutes thrice a day. Extensive repeated trainings can be monotonous and the Tweed Water Spaniel will lose interest in the learning session. Help make training fun and use trick training sessions to demonstrate commands like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Connect with the Tweed Water Spaniel and both of you will enjoy your lessons. The pup must eagerly anticipate spending time with you and not stay clear of you by running away or hiding. Make certain to socialize the puppy very early. Socialization is among the most critical teachings. The Tweed Water Spaniel should learn to be around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, carefully introduce the dog when he is little to regular endeavors and noises. Take him to the shopping centre/ dog park, present him to children and other animals, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Learn everything about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are basic lessons that every Tweed Water Spaniel puppy has to learn. Learn about all the mannerisms and qualities of the breed. This will give you important ideas on how to properly train the pup.
As a Tweed Water Spaniel owner you have countless options. You can choose to train the Tweed Water Spaniel yourself or register at a professional training school. Training a Tweed Water Spaniel has numerous phases: kindergarten, behavior training, doggy sports, showing and conformation, as well as other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What values you decide to teach depends on you together with the brainpower of your Tweed Water Spaniel. As you recognize, various dogs, like people, possess varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Tweed Water Spaniel pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Tweed Water Spaniels.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂