We all long for training the perfect Griffon Bruxellois, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well mannered and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams do come true if the teaching is done with kindness and focus. Keep in mind pups learn from the first day and really need to be instructed what is correct, what is not, and correct socialization.
Pups are just like young children, they need to have constant direction and teaching. Training a pup needn’t be a nightmare, all you need to keep in mind are a few simple rules:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Griffon Bruxellois
- Until your pup is trained, you need to keep an eye on her at all times. When you can not then you will need to cage him. Establish a calendar for the pup, that will serve to help him to settle easily. The routine should include things such as regular potty breaks, eating times, break periods, walks, play time, teaching, and so forth. A pup that has a hectic day has no time for being unoccupied or get into mischief.
- Train the pup to value you. Griffon Bruxelloiss stay in packs and instinctively comply with a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then teaching will get easy because the pup will obey you at all times and not question your power.
- Utilize exclusively positive training strategies. Never ever yell at, attack, or punish your Griffon Bruxellois. It’s not just unkind but will result in behavioral concerns. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera could harm the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in life is free.” This is a mantra that is frequently recognized as a practical training tool. As you apply this, the pup will be taught that to experience something like affection, a walk, or reward, he will need to behave properly.
- Demonstrate the significance of “No,” from day one. Do not reinforce behaviors such as leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, howling, or escaping open gates and doors. Celebrate courtesy and dismiss or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will discover that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To fix a behavior you must catch the Griffon Bruxellois in the process and startle him by rattling a container of marbles. Once you have done this make him improve his behavior and promptly offer him a snack and approval. Griffon Bruxelloiss do not think of what transpired earlier so scolding him after an event is of no use.
- Be sure you call/use his name positively. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the Griffon Bruxellois will presume that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The doggy must affiliate his name with pleasant times like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this transpires he will approach happily anytime you call out his name.
- Create a training schedule that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes thrice a day. Long recurring trainings can be monotonous and the Griffon Bruxellois is going to lose interest in learning. Help make training entertaining and use trick training sessions to demonstrate orders like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Bond with the Griffon Bruxellois and both of you are going to love your lessons. The pup ought to hope for spending quality time with you and not keep away from you by running away or hiding. Be sure to socialize the doggy early on. Socialization is one of the most critical teachings. The Griffon Bruxellois must figure out how to exist with other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, slowly but surely introduce the pup when he is little to everyday events and noises. Take him to the shopping mall/ park, present him to kids and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Study everything about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, along with food training. These are introductory lessons that every Griffon Bruxellois puppy must understand. Know about all the traits as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you useful insights on how to successfully coach the puppy dog.
As a Griffon Bruxellois owner you have countless options. You might choose to train the Griffon Bruxellois yourself or enlist at a professional training school. Training a Griffon Bruxellois has many steps: kindergarten, behavior training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, along with other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, etc. What degree you choose to train hinges on you as well as the brainpower of your Griffon Bruxellois. As you know, various dogs, like people, possess varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Griffon Bruxellois pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Griffon Bruxelloiss.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂