All of us long for training the perfect Blue Lacy, a pup that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well behaved and reliable at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the teaching is performed with care and focus. Never forget pups learn from day one and want to be advised what is right, what isn’t, and effective socialization.
Pups act like children, they want frequent supervision and teaching. Training a pup needn’t be a chore, all you need to remember are a few simple principles:
Ten Tips For Training Your Blue Lacy
- Up until your pup learns, you must keep an eye on him at all times. Whenever you aren’t able to then you will need to cage him. Establish a routine for the pup, that will help her to calm down fast. The schedule will need to incorporate things like regular bathroom breaks, feeding times, rest times, walks, play time, teaching, and so forth. A pup that has a very busy day has no time for being bored or get into mischief.
- Train the pup to heed you. Blue Lacys stay in packs and instinctively comply with a leader. If you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then instructing will eventually become easy as the pup will follow orders at all times and not question your power.
- Utilize only encouraging training methods. Do not ever yell at, attack, or abuse your Blue Lacy. It is not only harsh but will result in behavioral challenges. Using electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth may wound the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in life is without cost.” This is a system that is frequently regarded as a very useful training tool. When you execute this, the pup will learn that to experience something like love, a walk, or snack, he must act well.
- Present the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not embrace actions such as jumping, mouthing, tug-o-war, barking, or escaping open gates and doors. Applaud courtesy and dismiss or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly learn that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To deal with a behavior you must catch the Blue Lacy in the process and surprise him by shaking a container of stones. When you have done this help him fix his behavior and promptly offer him a snack and appreciation. Blue Lacys do not think of what happened prior so scolding him after an event is of no use.
- Be sure you call/use his name favorably. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the Blue Lacy will believe that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The puppy must correlate his name with pleasant events like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this happens he will come willingly as soon as you call out his name.
- Develop a training routine that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes 3 times a day. Lengthy recurring lessons can be boring and the Blue Lacy will lose interest in learning. Help make training exciting and use trick training sessions to show directions like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Bond with the Blue Lacy and both of you will appreciate your lessons. The pup must look forward to hanging out with you and not avoid you by turning tail or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the young dog as soon as possible. Socialization is among the most vital teachings. The Blue Lacy has to master how to be around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, slowly but surely introduce the doggy when he is little to regular events and sounds. Take him to the mall/ park, present him to children and other animals, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and water hose.
- Discover everything about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are introductory lessons that every Blue Lacy puppy needs to grasp. Know about all the characteristics in addition to qualities of the breed. This will give you useful ideas on how to effectively educate the pup.
As a Blue Lacy owner you have numerous options. You may choose to train the Blue Lacy by yourself or enroll at a competent training school. Training a Blue Lacy has several steps: preschool, obedience training, doggie sports, presenting and conformation, and other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, etc. What standard you decide to coach is dependent on you along with the learning abilities of your Blue Lacy. As you realize, different dogs, like people, possess different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Blue Lacy pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Blue Lacys.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂