All of us hope for training the perfect Hortaya Borzaya, a puppy that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams do come true when the teaching is performed with kindness and dedication. Always remember pups learn from the first day and want to be shown what is correct, what is not, and ideal interpersonal skills.
Puppies behave like children, they need to have continuous supervision and instruction. Training a pup does not have to be an ordeal, all you want to think about are a few simple guidelines:
10 Tips For Training Your Hortaya Borzaya
- Until your pup learns, you must keep an eye on him at all times. When you aren’t able to then you must crate him. Establish a schedule for the pup, that will help her to calm down very quickly. The plan must include things such as regular bathroom visits, feeding times, relaxation periods, walks, play time, teaching, and more. A pup that has a full day has no time at all to become bored and misbehave.
- Train the pup to value you. Hortaya Borzayas stay in packs and instinctively adhere to a leader. If you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then coaching will become easy because the pup will heed you at all times and not defy your power.
- Use exclusively encouraging training strategies. Never shout at, smack, or punish your Hortaya Borzaya. It is not just harsh but can trigger behavioral problems. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth may harm the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is free.” This is a mantra that is widely recognized as a valuable teaching tool. In the event that you apply this, your pup will find out that to experience anything like affection, a stroll, or snack, he needs to behave properly.
- Demonstrate the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not embrace actions like leaping, mouthing, tug-o-war, yipping, or running out of open gates and doors. Commend excellent behavior and ignore or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly learn that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To improve a habit you will need to witness the Hortaya Borzaya in the act and surprise her by shaking a container of marbles. Once you have done this help him improve his behavior and instantly give him a snack and approval. Hortaya Borzayas do not remember what happened previously so reprimanding him after an event is of no use.
- At all times call/use his name favorably. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create mental confusion and the Hortaya Borzaya will think that if you call his name then it is something bad. The pup should associate his name with pleasant times like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this transpires he will approach happily as soon as you call his name.
- Generate a coaching routine that is short and sweet, about ten minutes 3 times a day. Long recurring sessions can be uninspiring and the Hortaya Borzaya is going to lose interest in learning. Make learning fun-filled and use trick training sessions to show orders like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Connect with the Hortaya Borzaya and both of you are going to have fun with your lessons. The pup must hope for spending quality time with you and not steer clear of you by turning tail or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the doggie quickly. Socialization is one of the most essential teachings. The Hortaya Borzaya will need to master how to be around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly and gradually introduce the doggie when he is little to everyday events and sounds. Take him to the market/ dog park, present him to children and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Discover everything about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, and food training. These are introductory lessons that every Hortaya Borzaya puppy should understand. Know about all the mannerisms and peculiarities of the breed. This will give you useful information on how to properly coach the dog.
As a Hortaya Borzaya parent you have numerous options. You could certainly decide to train the Hortaya Borzaya on your own or sign up at a professional training school. Training a Hortaya Borzaya has many levels: kindergarten, behavior training, doggy sports, showing and conformation, and other facets like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, et cetera. What standard you decide to train is dependent on you as well as the learning abilities of your Hortaya Borzaya. As you are aware, different dogs, like humans, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your Hortaya Borzaya pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Hortaya Borzayas.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂