We all hope for training the perfect Chippiparai, a pet that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well mannered and responsible at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the instruction is done with care and dedication. Never forget pups learn from day one and really need to be instructed what is right, what isn’t, and effective interpersonal skills.
Puppies are like kids, they require constant supervision and teaching. Training a pup need not be a challenge, all you want to take note of are a few straightforward principles:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Chippiparai
- Until your pup is trained, you need to keep an eye on her at all times. Whenever you can’t then you should cage her. Develop a routine for the pup, this will help her to calm down fast. The schedule has to consist of things such as hourly bathroom breaks, eating times, break times, walks, play time, instruction, etc. A pup that has a busy day has no time to be bored or misbehave.
- Teach the pup to value you. Chippiparais live in packs and instinctively follow a leader. When you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then teaching will get easy as the pup will obey orders at all times and not challenge your power.
- Use only encouraging training tactics. Do not ever shout at, hit, or punish your Chippiparai. It is not only harsh but can result in behavioral issues. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, etc could easily injure the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is without cost.” This is a system that is generally regarded as a practical coaching method. In the event that you execute this, your pup will learn that to get anything like love, a stroll, or reward, he must act properly.
- Explain the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not advocate actions like jumping, yelping, tug-o-war, barking, or running out of open gates and doors. Appreciate excellent behavior and disregard or leave when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly learn that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a behavior you need to witness the Chippiparai in the process and startle him by shaking a bottle of rocks. When you have done this make him straighten out his behavior and instantly give him a snack and appreciation. Chippiparais do not recall what transpired earlier so rebuking him after an event is futile.
- Be certain to call/use his name positively. Never say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce confusion and the Chippiparai will believe that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The doggy must affiliate his name with happy things like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this occurs he will come happily when you call out his name.
- Create a training regimen that is short and sweet, about ten minutes three times a day. Prolonged repetitive lessons can be monotonous and the Chippiparai will lose interest in learning. Help make training fun and use trick training sessions to demonstrate directions like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Chippiparai and both of you will like your lessons. The pup should hope for hanging out with you and not keep away from you by turning tail or hiding. Make sure to socialize the doggie early. Socialization is one of the most vital lessons. The Chippiparai has to figure out how to coexist with other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, slowly introduce the doggy when he is little to everyday activities and sounds. Take him to the mall/ dog park, introduce him to children and other animals, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Understand everything about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, together with food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Chippiparai puppy has to master. Understand all the habits as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you important insights on how to properly educate the doggie.
As a Chippiparai owner you have a lot of choices. You could possibly decide to train the Chippiparai on your own or enroll at a professional training school. Training a Chippiparai has many steps: kindergarten, behavior training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, as well as other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What values you decide to train is dependent on you together with the brainpower of your Chippiparai. As you know, various dogs, like human beings, have different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Chippiparai pup will have exciting times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Chippiparais.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂