We all hope for training the perfect Burgos Pointer, a pet that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and responsible at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the training is performed with kindness and dedication. Do not forget pups learn from the first day and want to be instructed what is correct, what is wrong, and effective socialization.
Pups are just like young children, they demand frequent guidance and instruction. Training a pup doesn’t have to be a chore, all you want to bear in mind are a few simple principles:
10 Tips For Training Your Burgos Pointer
- Up until your pup learns, you have to keep an eye on her at all times. Once you are unable to then you have to cage her. Create a routine for the pup, that will help him to settle down quickly. The routine will need to consist of things like hourly potty visits, feeding times, sleep times, walks, play time, exercise, etc. A pup that has a very busy day has no time to become bored and get into mischief.
- Train the pup to value you. Burgos Pointers stay in packs and instinctively adhere to a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then teaching will become easy as the pup will obey orders at all times and not defy your authority.
- Utilize exclusively constructive training techniques. Never ever holler at, whack, or abuse your Burgos Pointer. It is not only unkind but can easily lead to behavioral challenges. Use of electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth might harm the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in this life is free.” This is a philosophy that is universally recognized as an useful teaching method. If you practice this, the pup will find out that to experience something like affection, a walk, or reward, he must act well.
- Show the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not encourage behaviors like leaping, growling, tug-o-war, yipping, or running out of open gates and doors. Appreciate courtesy and ignore or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly discover that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a habit you need to catch the Burgos Pointer in the process and startle her by shaking a bottle of rocks. As soon as you have done this make him fix his behavior and instantly offer him a treat and approval. Burgos Pointers do not recall what took place previously so reprimanding him after an occurrence is futile.
- Be certain to call/use his name favorably. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will trigger confusion and the Burgos Pointer will think that if you call his name then it is something bad. The puppy should affiliate his name with happy times like hugs, petting, strolls, snacks, and such. If this occurs he will approach willingly if you call out his name.
- Generate a coaching schedule that is short and sweet, say ten minutes three times a day. Long recurring lessons can be uninspiring and the Burgos Pointer will lose interest in the learning session. Help make lessons fun-filled and use trick training sessions to show commands like sit, down, come and more.
- Bond with the Burgos Pointer and both of you will definitely have fun with your sessions. The pup ought to expect spending quality time with you and not stay away from you by breaking away or hiding. Be sure to socialize the puppy very early. Socialization is among the most important teachings. The Burgos Pointer needs to figure out how to coexist around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, slowly but surely introduce the doggy when he is little to ordinary endeavors and noises. Take him to the shopping mall/ playground, present him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and water hose.
- Get to know all about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Burgos Pointer puppy needs to master. Know about all the traits as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you important ideas on how to effectively coach the dog.
As a Burgos Pointer parent you have many choices. You may choose to train the Burgos Pointer by yourself or register at a high quality training school. Training a Burgos Pointer has several levels: preschool, obedience training, doggy sports, presenting and conformation, and other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, etc. What values you choose to teach hinges on you along with the learning abilities of your Burgos Pointer. As you are aware, different dogs, like humans, possess varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Burgos Pointer pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Burgos Pointers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂