All of us long for training the perfect Cursinu, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams do come true if the education is performed with care and dedication. Never forget pups learn from the first day and really need to be informed what is right, what is wrong, and effective interpersonal skills.
Pups act like young children, they want to have continuous guidance and instruction. Training a pup needn’t be a nightmare, all you have to think about are a few basic rules:
10 Tips For Training Your Cursinu
- Until your pup is trained, you must keep an eye on her at all times. When you aren’t able to then you will need to cage him. Establish a routine for the pup, this will serve to help her to calm down easily. The schedule has to incorporate things such as regular bathroom visits, feeding times, break periods, strolls, play time, instruction, et cetera. A pup that has a very busy day has no time to get unoccupied or misbehave.
- Train the pup to respect you. Cursinus stay in packs and instinctively comply with a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then training will end up being easy because the pup will heed you at all times and not defy your power.
- Use only constructive training techniques. Don’t scream at, smack, or punish your Cursinu. It’s not only terrible but might create behavioral challenges. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth may harm the animal.
- Teach the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is free.” This is a method of teaching that is universally recognized as an useful coaching tool. When you apply this, your pup will be taught that to experience anything like affection, a stroll, or snack, he must act properly.
- Teach the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not reinforce behaviors such as jumping, growling, tug-o-war, snarling, or running out of open gates and doors. Appreciate courtesy and disregard or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly learn that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a habit you must witness the Cursinu in the act and surprise him by rattling a jar of marbles. Once you have done this make him straighten out his behavior and immediately offer him a snack and praise. Cursinus do not think of what happened previously so scolding him after an event is futile.
- Be sure you call/use his name positively. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will cause confusion and the Cursinu will presume that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The dog needs to affiliate his name with pleasant times like hugs, petting, strolls, food, and such. If this takes place he will approach willingly as soon as you call out his name.
- Establish a teaching routine that is short and sweet, about ten minutes thrice a day. Lengthy repeated trainings can be dull and the Cursinu will lose interest in the learning session. Make learning fun-filled and use trick training sessions to teach orders like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Cursinu and both of you are going to appreciate your sessions. The pup should expect spending quality time with you and not keep away from you by turning tail or hiding. Be sure to socialize the puppy dog as soon as possible. Socialization is one of the most important lessons. The Cursinu will need to figure out how to exist with various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, slowly and gradually introduce the puppy dog when he is small to everyday events and sounds. Take him to the shopping center/ dog park, introduce him to kids and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Learn all about house training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Cursinu puppy has to understand. Understand all the idiosyncrasies in addition to distinctive features of the breed. This will give you important insights on how to effectively coach the dog.
As a Cursinu parent you have several options. You could choose to train the Cursinu yourself or sign up at a competent training school. Training a Cursinu has several phases: kindergarten, behavior training, dog sports, showing and conformation, and other facets like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What degree you decide to train is dependent on you in addition to the brainpower of your Cursinu. As you know, different dogs, like humans, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your Cursinu pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Cursinus.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂