All of us imagine training the perfect West Siberian Laika, a pup that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and dependable at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the teaching is done with care and commitment. Realize pups learn from day one and need to be informed what is correct, what isn’t, and correct socialization.
Puppies are just like small children, they require continuous supervision and instruction. Training a pup doesn’t have to be a chore, all you want to take note of are a few simple rules:
10 Tips For Training Your West Siberian Laika
- Up until your pup learns, you must keep an eye on her at all times. When you can not then you must crate him. Design a schedule for the pup, that will serve to help her to calm down fast. The schedule must consist of things such as hourly bathroom visits, eating times, break periods, strolls, play time, instruction, et cetera. A pup that has a hectic day has no time to become bored and misbehave.
- Train the pup to heed you. West Siberian Laikas stay in packs and naturally adhere to a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then instructing will end up being easy because the pup will comply with you at all times and not defy your power.
- Use exclusively constructive training strategies. Don’t holler at, hit, or abuse your West Siberian Laika. It’s not only cruel but can easily provoke behavioral issues. Using electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, etc could very well harm the animal.
- Teach the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is free.” This is a philosophy that is commonly regarded as a helpful training tool. In the event that you execute this, the pup will learn that to experience something like love, a walk, or treat, he needs to act well.
- Demonstrate the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not reinforce behaviors such as jumping, mouthing, tug-o-war, barking, or running out of open gates and doors. Commend courtesy and disregard or leave when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly discover that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To fix a habit you have to witness the West Siberian Laika in the process and startle her by rattling a canister of stones. When you have done this make him improve his behavior and promptly offer him a snack and approval. West Siberian Laikas do not call to mind what happened prior so rebuking him after an event is of no use.
- At all times call/use his name positively. Never say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the West Siberian Laika will believe that if you call his name then it is something bad. The doggy must link his name with happy things like hugs, petting, strolls, food, and such. If this transpires he will approach willingly the minute you call out his name.
- Establish a coaching routine that is short and sweet, about ten minutes 3 times a day. Long recurring lessons can be uninspiring and the West Siberian Laika will lose interest in learning. Make learning entertaining and use trick training sessions to show orders like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Connect with the West Siberian Laika and both of you are going to appreciate your sessions. The pup should look forward to spending quality time with you and not stay away from you by running away or hiding. Be sure to socialize the doggy early on. Socialization is among the most important teachings. The West Siberian Laika will need to learn to exist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. Therefore, gradually introduce the doggie when he is small to common events and sounds. Take him to the shopping centre/ playground, present him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and water hose.
- Understand everything about house training, leash walking, house breaking, and food training. These are basic lessons that every West Siberian Laika puppy should master. Learn about all the characteristics and distinctive features of the breed. This will give you useful ideas on how to successfully instruct the doggy.
As a West Siberian Laika parent you have countless choices. You could very well choose to train the West Siberian Laika by yourself or enroll at a pro training school. Training a West Siberian Laika has several levels: kindergarten, obedience training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, and other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What degree you choose to instruct hinges on you together with the learning abilities of your West Siberian Laika. As you are aware, various dogs, like humans, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your West Siberian Laika pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about West Siberian Laikas.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂