We all hope for training the perfect Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer, a pup that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and dependable at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the training is done with care and commitment. Do not forget pups learn from day one and need to be instructed what is correct, what isn’t, and ideal socialization.
Puppies act like small children, they need to have frequent guidance and teaching. Training a pup does not have to be a chore, all you want to consider are a few basic rules:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer
- Til your pup learns, you must keep an eye on her at all times. When you can not then you will need to cage him. Put together a calendar for the pup, this will help her to calm down easily. The schedule must include things such as hourly bathroom breaks, feeding times, sleep times, strolls, play time, instruction, etc. A pup that has a full day has no time to become unoccupied or misbehave.
- Train the pup to heed you. Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointers stay in packs and instinctively comply with a leader. When you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then instructing will come easy as the pup will follow orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Utilize only positive training techniques. Never ever shout at, smack, or abuse your Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer. It is not just terrible but may lead to behavioral issues. Use of electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could quite possibly injure the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in this life is without cost.” This is a system that is widely acknowledged as a practical coaching tool. As you reinforce this, your pup will discover that to get something like affection, a stroll, or reward, he has to behave properly.
- Explain the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not embrace behaviors such as leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, yipping, or escaping open gates and doors. Commend courtesy and disregard or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly realize that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a behavior you will need to catch the Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer in the process and surprise him by rattling a canister of marbles. Once you have done this make him correct his behavior and promptly offer him a treat and appreciation. Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointers do not recollect what occurred earlier so chastening him after an occurrence is futile.
- Always call/use his name favorably. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer will believe that if you call his name then it is something bad. The doggie must correlate his name with happy times like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this happens he will respond willingly the instant you call out his name.
- Establish a teaching routine that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes 3 times a day. Lengthy repetitive lessons can be monotonous and the Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer is going to lose interest in the learning session. Make lessons interesting and use trick training to show orders like sit, down, come and so on.
- Bond with the Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer and both of you will certainly appreciate your lessons. The pup must expect spending quality time with you and not keep away from you by breaking away or hiding. Be sure to socialize the pup early. Socialization is among the most critical lessons. The Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer must master how to exist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly but surely introduce the doggie when he is small to common tasks and sounds. Take him to the market/ playground, introduce him to children and other animals, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Study all about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are introductory lessons that every Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer puppy has to grasp. Understand all the traits and qualities of the breed. This will give you useful information on how to properly educate the puppy dog.
As a Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer owner you have many options. You can decide to train the Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer on your own or register at a qualified training school. Training a Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer has many levels: kindergarten, behavior training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, as well as other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What values you decide to coach depends on you as well as the learning abilities of your Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer. As you realize, various dogs, like humans, possess different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer pup will have exciting times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂