All of us imagine training the perfect Cirneco Dell’Etna, a puppy that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well mannered and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true if the training is performed with care and commitment. Remember pups learn from the first day and want to be informed what is correct, what isn’t, and proper interpersonal skills.
Pups are just like young children, they want to have constant direction and training. Training a pup need not be a chore, all you need to keep in mind are a few simple guidelines:
Ten Tips For Training Your Cirneco Dell’Etna
- Until your pup learns, you need to keep an eye on him at all times. Once you are unable to then you have to cage her. Make a plan for the pup, that will serve to help him to settle down fast. The plan will need to include things like regular potty visits, eating times, relaxation periods, strolls, play time, exercise, and so forth. A pup that has a full day has no time at all to become bored or misbehave.
- Teach the pup to heed you. Cirneco Dell’Etnas stay in packs and instinctively comply with a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then teaching will become easy as the pup will comply with you at all times and not test your authority.
- Use only encouraging training techniques. Never yell at, attack, or punish your Cirneco Dell’Etna. It’s not only unkind but can bring on behavioral problems. Use of electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth could certainly harm the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in life is without cost.” This is a method of teaching that is generally acknowledged as a reliable training tool. If you execute this, the pup will be taught that to get anything like love, a stroll, or reward, he needs to act well.
- Present the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not reinforce behaviors like leaping, growling, tug-o-war, barking, or escaping open gates and doorways. Appreciate great behavior and dismiss or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will learn that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a behavior you must catch the Cirneco Dell’Etna in the process and surprise him by shaking a container of marbles. Once you have done this make him improve his behavior and instantly offer him a treat and praise. Cirneco Dell’Etnas do not recollect what transpired prior so scolding him after an occurrence is useless.
- Be certain to call/use his name positively. Do not say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will trigger mental confusion and the Cirneco Dell’Etna will think that if you call his name then it is something negative. The dog needs to associate his name with happy things like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this transpires he will respond happily when you call his name.
- Generate a coaching schedule that is short and sweet, say ten minutes 3 times a day. Long repetitive trainings can be uninspiring and the Cirneco Dell’Etna will lose interest in the learning session. Help make learning exciting and use trick training sessions to teach commands like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Cirneco Dell’Etna and both of you will appreciate your lessons. The pup must wait to spending time with you and not steer clear of you by running away or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the pup early. Socialization is among the most significant lessons. The Cirneco Dell’Etna should figure out how to exist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, carefully introduce the pup when he is small to regular events and sounds. Take him to the store/ park, introduce him to children and other animals, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Master all about house training, leash walking, house breaking, in addition to food training. These are rudimentary lessons that every Cirneco Dell’Etna puppy has to grasp. Learn about all the mannerisms in addition to distinctive features of the breed. This will give you valuable ideas on how to effectively teach the doggy.
As a Cirneco Dell’Etna parent you have several options. You may choose to train the Cirneco Dell’Etna by yourself or enlist at a professional training school. Training a Cirneco Dell’Etna has several levels: preschool, obedience training, doggy sports, presenting and conformation, as well as other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and more. What values you choose to instruct hinges on you together with the learning abilities of your Cirneco Dell’Etna. As you are aware, various dogs, like human beings, possess different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Cirneco Dell’Etna pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Cirneco Dell’Etnas.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂