We all imagine training the perfect Ratonero Valenciano, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well mannered and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams really do come true if the training is done with care and focus. Remember pups learn from the first day and need to be advised what is right, what is not, and correct interpersonal skills.
Puppies are like young children, they are in need of continuous guidance and teaching. Training a pup doesn’t have to be a nightmare, all you want to take note of are a few straightforward guidelines:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Ratonero Valenciano
- Up until your pup learns, you must keep an eye on her at all times. When you aren’t able to then you need to crate him. Develop a schedule for the pup, that will serve to help him to settle fast. The plan must consist of things such as regular potty breaks, eating times, break periods, strolls, play time, education, etc. A pup that has a very busy day has no time to be unoccupied and get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to heed you. Ratonero Valencianos live in packs and naturally adhere to a leader. Once you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then instructing will become easy as the pup will comply with you at all times and not question your power.
- Utilize exclusively encouraging training tactics. Do not scream at, hit, or punish your Ratonero Valenciano. It is not just unkind but can trigger behavioral issues. Use of electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth could easily harm the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in this life is free.” This is a system that is broadly accepted as a very useful coaching method. In the event that you apply this, your pup will find out that to experience something like affection, a stroll, or treat, he must act well.
- Present the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not encourage behaviors like jumping, growling, tug-o-war, barking, or escaping open gates and doors. Compliment courtesy and dismiss or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will realize that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To deal with a habit you have to catch the Ratonero Valenciano in the act and surprise her by rattling a bottle of marbles. Once you have done this help him adjust his behavior and promptly give him a treat and praise. Ratonero Valencianos do not recollect what took place earlier so rebuking him after an occurrence is useless.
- Be sure you call/use his name favorably. Do not say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will cause mental confusion and the Ratonero Valenciano will think that if you call his name then it is something negative. The doggy should link his name with happy times like hugs, petting, strolls, snacks, and such. If this transpires he will respond willingly as soon as you call his name.
- Create a coaching schedule that is short and sweet, about ten minutes 3 times a day. Prolonged recurring sessions can be dull and the Ratonero Valenciano will lose interest in the learning session. Make training enjoyable and use trick training sessions to explain directions like sit, down, come and more.
- Connect with the Ratonero Valenciano and both of you will definitely love your sessions. The pup needs to hope for spending quality time with you and not avoid you by breaking away or taking cover. Make certain to socialize the young dog quickly. Socialization is among the most essential teachings. The Ratonero Valenciano needs to figure out how to be with other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. And so, slowly but surely introduce the pup when he is small to day-to-day tasks and sounds. Take him to the store/ park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and garden hose.
- Get to know everything about house training, leash walking, house breaking, and food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Ratonero Valenciano puppy has to learn. Learn about all the traits in addition to qualities of the breed. This will give you important information on how to properly train the pup.
As a Ratonero Valenciano parent you have plenty of choices. You can choose to train the Ratonero Valenciano by yourself or enroll at a pro training school. Training a Ratonero Valenciano has numerous stages: kindergarten, obedience training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, and other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and more. What standard you decide to teach hinges on you along with the learning abilities of your Ratonero Valenciano. As you know, various dogs, like human beings, have different talents. Choose well and both you and your Ratonero Valenciano pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Ratonero Valencianos.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂