All of us hope for training the perfect Caucasian Shepherd Dog, a puppy that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true when the training is done with kindness and dedication. Never forget pups learn from day one and want to be shown what is right, what is wrong, and appropriate socialization.
Puppies act like young children, they need continuous direction and training. Training a pup need not be a challenge, all you have to remember are a few simple guidelines:
10 Tips For Training Your Caucasian Shepherd Dog
- Til your pup learns, you must keep an eye on her at all times. Once you can’t then you should crate her. Design a schedule for the pup, that will enable him to settle quickly. The schedule should consist of things such as regular bathroom breaks, eating times, relaxation times, walks, play time, exercise, etc. A pup that has a busy day has no time to become unoccupied or get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to heed you. Caucasian Shepherd Dogs stay in packs and naturally comply with a leader. When you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then training will eventually become easy because the pup will heed orders at all times and not challenge your power.
- Utilize only positive training tactics. Do not ever shout at, strike, or punish your Caucasian Shepherd Dog. It is not just cruel but can easily trigger behavioral issues. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth could quite possibly harm the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in life is free.” This is a philosophy that is widely acknowledged as an useful training method. As you reinforce this, the pup will learn that to get anything like love, a walk, or snack, he has to act well.
- Show the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not encourage behaviors like jumping, yelping, tug-o-war, barking, or running out of open gates and doorways. Commend courtesy and ignore or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly realize that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To deal with a behavior you need to witness the Caucasian Shepherd Dog in the process and startle him by rattling a container of stones. As soon as you have done this help him adjust his behavior and immediately give him a snack and praise. Caucasian Shepherd Dogs do not recollect what happened previously so reprimanding him after an event is of no use.
- Make sure to call/use his name favorably. Never say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce confusion and the Caucasian Shepherd Dog will presume that if you call his name then it is for something bad. The pup should correlate his name with pleasant times like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this transpires he will come happily once you call out his name.
- Generate a coaching routine that is short and sweet, say ten minutes thrice a day. Long repeated lessons can be boring and the Caucasian Shepherd Dog is going to lose interest in learning. Make learning cool and use trick training sessions to show orders like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Connect with the Caucasian Shepherd Dog and both of you are going to get a kick out of your sessions. The pup ought to eagerly anticipate hanging out with you and not stay clear of you by turning tail or hiding. Be sure to socialize the doggie very early. Socialization is one of the most critical teachings. The Caucasian Shepherd Dog must master how to coexist with other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, gradually introduce the puppy dog when he is little to regular activities and sounds. Take him to the store/ dog park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and garden hose.
- Understand everything about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, in addition to food training. These are introductory lessons that every Caucasian Shepherd Dog puppy has to understand. Learn about all the mannerisms as well as peculiarities of the breed. This will give you useful information on how to properly coach the puppy.
As a Caucasian Shepherd Dog parent you have countless options. You could very well decide to train the Caucasian Shepherd Dog on your own or enlist at a skilled professional training school. Training a Caucasian Shepherd Dog has numerous stages: kindergarten, obedience training, doggy sports, showing and conformation, along with other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, etc. What standard you choose to instruct is dependent on you in addition to the learning abilities of your Caucasian Shepherd Dog. As you are aware, different dogs, like human beings, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your Caucasian Shepherd Dog pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Caucasian Shepherd Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂