All of us dream of training the perfect Lowchen, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well mannered and responsible at all times. Well dreams do come true if the training is done with kindness and focus. Keep in mind pups learn from the first day and want to be instructed what is correct, what is not, and effective interpersonal skills.
Pups behave like young children, they need to get regular guidance and training. Training a pup need not be a nightmare, all you need to bear in mind are a few basic guidelines:
10 Tips For Training Your Lowchen
- Till your pup is trained, you must keep an eye on her at all times. When you can’t then you must crate him. Make a schedule for the pup, that will serve to help her to calm down fast. The plan will need to incorporate things such as hourly potty visits, eating times, sleep periods, walks, play time, training, and so forth. A pup that has a full day has no time at all to get unoccupied and get into mischief.
- Train the pup to heed you. Lowchens stay in packs and instinctively need a leader. Once you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then teaching will come to be easy as the pup will follow orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Utilize exclusively encouraging training strategies. Never ever yell at, attack, or abuse your Lowchen. It’s not just harsh but can easily induce behavioral problems. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera may possibly wound the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in life is free.” This is a method of teaching that is commonly regarded as a reliable training method. When you apply this, the pup will be taught that to get anything like love, a walk, or snack, he must act well.
- Demonstrate the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not reinforce actions like jumping, mouthing, tug-o-war, yapping, or running out of open gates and doors. Compliment courtesy and ignore or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly realize that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To improve a behavior you should catch the Lowchen in the act and startle him by shaking a bottle of marbles. As soon as you have done this make him remedy his behavior and immediately give him a snack and praise. Lowchens do not think of what transpired prior so scolding him after an event is futile.
- Be sure you call/use his name favorably. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create confusion and the Lowchen will presume that if you call his name then it is something negative. The doggy needs to connect his name with pleasant events like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this occurs he will come willingly the minute you call out his name.
- Establish a teaching schedule that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes 3 times a day. Prolonged repetitive sessions can be uninteresting and the Lowchen is going to lose interest in learning. Make lessons fun-filled and use trick training to explain directions like sit, down, come etc.
- Connect with the Lowchen and both of you will enjoy your lessons. The pup ought to look forward to spending time with you and not steer clear of you by running away or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the puppy as soon as possible. Socialization is among the most essential lessons. The Lowchen should master how to exist with other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly but surely introduce the pup when he is little to everyday endeavors and sounds. Take him to the shopping center/ park, present him to kids and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and garden hose.
- Master everything about house training, leash walking, house breaking, in addition to food training. These are basic lessons that every Lowchen puppy has to grasp. Know about all the idiosyncrasies and qualities of the breed. This will give you important ideas on how to successfully teach the pup.
As a Lowchen owner you have plenty of choices. You could certainly decide to train the Lowchen on your own or enroll at a pro training school. Training a Lowchen has several steps: kindergarten, behavior training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, and other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, etc. What standard you choose to instruct hinges on you along with the learning abilities of your Lowchen. As you recognize, different dogs, like people, have different talents. Choose well and both you and your Lowchen pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Lowchens.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂