Training the Staffordshire Bull Terrier is very easy. All that’s required is dedication, patience as well as some simple tactics and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below are five Top Suggestions on how to train a Staffordshire Bull Terrier with great results:
1. In order to prevent your Staffordshire Bull Terrier from getting confused and in order that they can begin to recognize commands easily just one person should train the Staffordshire Bull Terrier at first. When too many people are trying to train a Staffordshire Bull Terrier at the same time it will stop the process in its tracks.
2. Trainers should always take advantage of positive feedback. If the Staffordshire Bull Terrier does something well, the trainier should praise the act so that he will know that what he did was correct. If your Staffordshire Bull Terrier won’t follow and understand instructions, never push him. Staffordshire Bull Terriers aren’t as smart as humans, they make errors. What you should take into account is that the Staffordshire Bull Terrier may not readily obey your commands in the first session, it takes repetitive actions to teach your Staffordshire Bull Terrier successfully. Don’t push a Staffordshire Bull Terrier because he could develop fear which will affect his learning and willingness to be broken in. Trainers should give treats or snacks to encourage your Staffordshire Bull Terrier, but you should not overuse it.
3. Teach lessons one at a time. Attempt to teach him 1 lesson after another. If he will not remember it, just stay on that order only because piling on other commands might just confuse the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Rely on the basics.
4. In giving lessons, keep your tone pleasant so the Staffordshire Bull Terrier will happily submit to your lessons. Staffordshire Bull Terriers will respond to a low and confident tone. When you shout out loud, he may be nervous and startled.
5. Train the Staffordshire Bull Terrier in varying spaces. If you keep your Staffordshire Bull Terrier in a certain place like your house, he might not have the ability to adjust to a different space with new people. Take him to the park or throughout the neighborhood. This can help your Staffordshire Bull Terrier get used to more people and breeds.
Training Your Staffordshire Bull Terrier: Conclusion
Training the Staffordshire Bull Terrier will frequently be tough, but it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Staffordshire Bull Terrier is trained. You don’t know, he could even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Staffordshire Bull Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂