Training a Scottish Terrier is not a hard task. It just takes a little dedication, patience as well as these five simple skills and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below we share five Useful Tips for how you can train the Scottish Terrier with good results:
1. In order to prevent the Scottish Terrier from becoming unsure and so that they will be able to understand instructions quickly just a single individual should train a Scottish Terrier at first. In instances where too many individuals attempt to train a Scottish Terrier simultaneously it might stop progress.
2. One should use positive feedback and reinforcements. If a Scottish Terrier obeys, the trainier might reward the action so that he can know that what he did was right. If your Scottish Terrier doesn’t follow and understand instructions, don’t berate him. Scottish Terriers aren’t as intelligent as us, they make mistakes. What you have to take into account is that a Scottish Terrier will not easily comprehend your instructions in only one session, it requires repetition to teach your Scottish Terrier successfully. Don’t harass the Scottish Terrier because he might develop timidness which will hinder his learning and readiness to be trained. Trainers may use treats to encourage the Scottish Terrier, but please do not overuse it.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Try to teach him 1 order after the next. In the instance where he will not absorb it, try to stay on that command only because piling on more commands will most likely just confuse the Scottish Terrier. Start with the basics.
4. When teaching skills, just keep your voice cheerful so that your Scottish Terrier will gleefully follow your instructions. Scottish Terriers respond best to a quiet and coaxing tone. If you yell, he may become unresponsive and startled.
5. Train a Scottish Terrier in different locales. When you keep the Scottish Terrier in one particular place like your home, he will not have the ability to adjust to a different location with new people. Take him to your dog park or throughout your neighborhood. This can aid your Scottish Terrier get acquainted with different breeds and people.
Training The Scottish Terrier: Conclusion
Teaching the Scottish Terrier can often be tough, however it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the lucky one when your Scottish Terrier is taught. Who knows, he may even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Scottish Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂