Training Great Pyreneess is not a hard task. All that’s required is patience, dedication along with these simple skills and you’ll train them successfully.
Here are 5 Useful Techniques for how to train the Great Pyrenees with great results:
1. In order to prevent the Great Pyrenees from being disoriented and in order that they will be able to recognize commands easily just a single person should be responsible for training a Great Pyrenees starting out. If too many folks try to train a Great Pyrenees at the same time it will halt progress.
2. You should take advantage of positive feedback. Whenever the Great Pyrenees follows instructions, one should reward this behavior so he will realize that what he did was good. If the Great Pyrenees will not follow and understand instructions, don’t punish him. Great Pyreneess are not as smart as people, they take longer to learn. What you must understand is that they will not readily follow all your orders in just one training, it takes repeated actions to teach the Great Pyrenees successfully. Do not push your Great Pyrenees because he might begin to develop nervousness which may reduce the rate of his learning and willingness to be broken in. You may give treats or snacks to encourage a Great Pyrenees, but please you should not overdue it.
3. Teach lessons one at a time. Try to teach him 1 command after another. In the event he will not absorb it, try to stay on that skill only because trying other instructions might just confuse the Great Pyrenees. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. When teaching skills, you should keep your intonation pleasant so your Great Pyrenees will willingly obey your teachings. Great Pyreneess will respond to a low and coaxing tone. When you yell, he may become nervous and fearful.
5. Train the Great Pyrenees in varying locations. When you keep a Great Pyrenees in 1 certain place like your home, he will not be able to adapt to a different space with new individuals. Take him to your park or around the neighborhood. This will aid your Great Pyrenees associate with more people and breeds.
Training Your Great Pyrenees: Conclusion
Breaking in a Great Pyrenees can sometimes be hard, but it will be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the lucky one when your Great Pyrenees is taught. Who knows, he could even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Great Pyreneess
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂