Training Carolina Dogs is very simple. All you need is patience, dedication and some easy to learn techniques and you’ll train them successfully.
Below are 5 Super Techniques on how you can teach the Carolina Dog with good results:
1. To prevent a Carolina Dog from being unsure and in order that they will be able to learn to understand orders easily just a single individual should be responsible for training your Carolina Dog in the beginning. If too many individuals are trying to train a Carolina Dog simultaneously this might halt the process in its tracks.
2. Trainers must always take advantage of positive feedback and reinforcements. Once your Carolina Dog listens, the trainier should reward this behavior so that he will know that what he did was right. If your Carolina Dog doesn’t understand instructions, never harass him. Carolina Dogs are not as smart as humans, they take longer to learn. What you have to accept is that they won’t easily follow your orders in the first training, it requires repetitive actions to teach your Carolina Dog successfully. Do not harass the Carolina Dog because he might develop skittishness which will reduce the speed of his learning and readiness to be broken in. You may use snacks or treats to reward a Carolina Dog, but you should not take it too far.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Attempt to train him on one command after another. In the instance where he will not learn it, remain on that order only because trying new skills may just confuse the Carolina Dog. Stick to the basics.
4. When teaching lessons, just keep your inflection cheerful so the Carolina Dog will cheerfully obey your lessons. Carolina Dogs respond best to a quiet and confident voice. If you shout out loud, he may be annoyed and fearful.
5. Train your Carolina Dog in varying locales. If you keep a Carolina Dog in just 1 certain space like your home, he won’t be able to adjust to a new environment with different individuals. Take him to the park or throughout your neighborhood. This will help your Carolina Dog associate with other people and breeds.
Conclusion: Carolina Dog Training
Training the Carolina Dog can often be hard, however it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Carolina Dog is broken in. You never know, he might even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Carolina Dogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂