Training Akita Inus is not a hard job. It just takes a little patience, dedication and a few easy to learn tactics and you will train them successfully.
Here are five Great Suggestions for how you can teach the Akita Inu successfully:
1. In order to avoid a Akita Inu from getting unsure and so that they can learn to understand orders quickly just a single individual should be responsible for training your Akita Inu initially. When too many people are trying to train your Akita Inu at once it will halt progress.
2. You must always take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. Once the Akita Inu listens, one should reward it so he can understand that what he did was correct. If your Akita Inu can’t understand and follow commands, don’t push him. Akita Inus are not as smart as people, they make errors. What you have to accept is that the Akita Inu might not easily obey your orders in the first training, it requires repeated actions to break in your Akita Inu successfully. Don’t push the Akita Inu because he may begin to develop skittishness which might retard his learning and ability to be broken in. Trainers might use snacks or treats to encourage the Akita Inu, but you shouldn’t take it too far.
3. Teach lessons one at a time. Try to train him on one lesson after another. In the event he is unable to retain it, stay on that command only because trying additional orders will most likely just confuse the Akita Inu. Start with the fundamentals.
4. In teaching orders, just keep your tone pleasant so your Akita Inu will cheerfully obey your commands. Akita Inus respond best to a quiet and confident tone. If you scream, he may be unresponsive and fearful.
5. Train your Akita Inu in varying environments. If you keep the Akita Inu in 1 particular place like your house, he may not be able to adapt to a different space with different individuals. Take him to your dog park or around the neighborhood. This can help your Akita Inu get acquainted with other breeds and people.
Conclusion: Akita Inu Training
Teaching a Akita Inu will sometimes be hard, but it will always be worth it. In the end, you will be the one to benefit when your Akita Inu is reared. You never know, he could even rescue you one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Akita Inus
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂